We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Saturday, January 12, 2008

HIP - HIP - HOORAY!!


OK, today Mikey was giving the kids a bath...wait...I should just stop there and this would still be a blog to remember! Oh, aren't I funny, but of course, I'm just kidding...he's a SUPER HELPER!! So, I will continue...and he asked if we had any pictures of the kids in the tub together. There. Now when the kids grow up and hate these pictures they will know that it was dad who started it! It's not my fault, I am supposed to honor and obey him; that's why I had to take the pictures!

And, just so you know why I will be humming a happy tune for a while now, my in-laws will be moving in with us next week!!!! You may be curious, but that is just because 1. you don't realize that we have already had my brother and his family of 5 live with us AND again, my sister and her family of 4, and 2. you don't know my mother-in-law. Picture the hardest working, most humble, energetic Korean woman you have ever known and you will know what I mean. I will include some pictures to illustrate.

Yeah, that's Had Abogi (korean for Grandpa) with Elliott on his shoulders, and that is Harmony (grandma) with Elliott on her back (abuba) while doing dishes, after cooking dinner and lunch and, who are we kidding, breakfast, and before dancing with Lucy and pulling the weeds in our yard! The woman never stops, she is SUPER!

Also, I will be going back to school in two weeks!! Ok, it will just be one or two classes, but it is school, and I love school!!! Get ready for the first day of school shot with me and my backpack 'cause it's comin!

4 comments:

Scott and Melissa said...

She really does look like an awesome grandma! I bet she will be a ton of help!!!

annebabe said...

that will be lots of fun going back o school, i'm totally jealous! so what classes are you taking? and that sounds great about your in-laws, extra helpers instead of extra mess-makers!! why are they moving in with you guys? love the bath pictures, those are the ones you whip out on the first date. ;)

Melinda said...

I love to hear when Mother-in-laws get props. They usually get such a bad rep. I love mine and yours looks amazing!! Good for you going to school. That's awesome Bonnie! Melinda~

Erin said...

I am so glad you found me and I can't believe you thought I might not remember. I even remember the Roger Butler obsession.
I love reading about your family. You should definitely try composting next. We have been doing it for a few months and it is an experience. Happily we are moving to Portland in February and the city actually composts for you there. Yay!