We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Fun

This January hasn't produced an abundance of pictures, so therefore, not an abundance of posts either! But, it is near the end of the month, so I thought I'd catch you up on our comings and goings. I may throw a few thoughts and feelings into the mix, because I've realized this is my only outlet for remembering the sweet things in my life. Here goes!

My pregnancy is still pleasant...going into my 7th month, I am not a swollen balloon yet, and my back is holding out...hooray! Mike is super-supportive of my crazy moodiness and uncontrollable nesting ( I can't stop organizing, throwing away, and giving to good will!). For my birthday this year, I actually asked for containers! Mike just smiled at me and said, "maybe I'll ask you when you're done nesting." Good idea...although I'm pretty sure I love containers even when I'm not nesting!

Lucy is a reading fool. She is also so sweet and so hard working at school. I have to constantly remind her that spelling tests aren't the most important thing in the world, and she can just RELAX!

Elliott is big into telling tall-tales right now. When he gets really serious and thoughtful, he smacks his lips a lot, like this (this symbol ** will represent the lip smacking): "Ummm ** once I saw a snowman , umm ** that** went all the way up to the sky! It was far away and ** it melted so nobody else saw it." I love it. It does make me wonder where he gets it...am I a lip smacker and I don't even know it?

He is still playing strong with his friends. Here are Elliott and Bo playing Iron Man!



He also loves to listen to Kids Bop music. This particular day, when he was done dancing, he grabbed some headphones and headed to the computer so he could be "the guy who plays the music". He turned the volume up and down throughout the song. He felt ( and looked) pretty darn cool.


It was the best day ever for Elliott when a routine trip to the grocery store provided a meeting with a real, live, construction truck! Never an ordinary day.


My parents just moved from Pocatello, Idaho to Mesa, Arizona so they can help out my brother and his wife as she goes through chemo-times. We weren't able to see them off, but we did make a trip over to Poky the weekend after they left! My sister Ruth and her family met us for a fun weekend at my parents' home. Uncle Kimball was there and Aunt Charice and family. It was very nice, but we DID miss Gramma and Pappa.
I was glad the kids got to play with the babies and frolic in the snow. They started out the trip with snow angels and a snowball fight with Uncle Kimball.




After the snow fun, it was time to wait for Ruth, Jeremy, Karver, and Kason Crozier to come to town. The kids sat by the window for at least 20 minutes waiting for them to arrive. They sure do love those guys.


I didn't get any pictures of the cousins playing, but it was so great to see. It makes me feel good about bringing our little guy into the family because of the adorable way they all played together. Lucy didn't care that Kason was a boy, she just held that little 6 month old every chance she could get. Elliott was so gentle and entertaining (he loved hitting himself and saying "ow", that always got a laugh). I think we are ready to welcome a little guy into our family. The only problem might be fighting Lucy for baby-holding-time!

Thanks for the fun times Crozier family. Thanks for the yummy cooking fun Kimball (korean fried chicken, chow mein, and super-flaky morning buns!). Thanks for the dimpled chubby cheeks Carmen and Breana (but mostly Carmen). Thanks for the playtime Charice and Christian!

This last shot is a picture of Elliott after he enjoyed some M&M's, the official sponsors of our trip. I don't think he ate them fast enough, as they seemed to have melted in his mouth, and his hands...and his face....and, I don't know what's going on with his hair--we were on vacation, remember!?!

We love you Papa and Gramma. We miss you, but we are glad you are doing good things in Arizona. We can't wait to see you again, either here or there!

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I loved your post! I love to catch up with you guys in the bloggosphere. We sure miss you guys too. Will keeps commenting...."Can I go to Eliott's house? Can I send Eliott a valentine? What is Eliott doing right now?" He has got Eliott on the brain ALL the time!
I am glad you got to go to the Poci house and meet up and have fun. I get so "cousin sentimental" as I get older... (and more emotional! he he)
We pray for your pregnancy every night and love you to the moon!
Love,
Christa

Jeremy and Ruth said...

it was so fun. i am typing this with both boys on my lap, karver kept saying "elliott"!! wish we lived closer.

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

This is a wonderful way to be included in a family get together that we did not get together with.
(ended a sentence in a preposition)
But we feel the love and happiness melting through the blog.
What a great family time you had, and it looks as if everybody participated. YEA!!! FAMILY RULES.
Love you and your family.

MOM and DAD

kimin said...

hi mike! it's kimin! we saw your card! thanks! this is not my blogadress. i lent blogadress my cousin. i have a iphone and facebook. i hope to contact that. we prepare to trip my parents your house in USA. my cellular phone number is 010-4656-3867. you have to push korea number in front of my cellular phone number! we miss you! see you again!