We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Archie's Ailment


Our poor little man can't seem to kick this stomach thing! He'll have a few good days, then be back to diarrhea and vomiting for a few days, then back and forth for the last 3 weeks or so. The doctor is a little concerned because he's lost some weight and "he wasn't gaining weight like they liked" to begin with. Here is what we mean:
Look at his cute little chubbiness before he got sick:

And this is after a week of yuckies, down a pound and a half:

and this is him another week later after a poopie diaper that would have knocked the world record holder off the pedestal FOREVER! I think it was a 2 pound diaper, too gross to actually weigh it, but it definitely weighed more that a pound of butter.




Mike noted that his belly is no longer distended, he cleaned it right out. I think that's a good thing.

I know it looks scary, and it was, but he gained a half pound back this last week and that's GREAT news.

They've tested his stool, negative, and today they took some blood to test for food allergies.

Worst experience of my life.  They had to do it twice too because they needed so much and his little veins are so small.

They gave him a little bear to take home for being such a trooper. He wins for the youngest Hynes (in our family) to have a medical procedure. Elliott has a cyst removed on his heel, but he was 2 and there was just a little numbing poke.

All of this is very traumatizing for a mom, so I needed some comfort too: comfort food. I made crumb cake. Calories don't count when your baby's sick.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

annebabe said...

amen to crumb cake. I prefer to emotionally eat my way through life, calories never count. Your poor little Archie! I hope you find answers and fast, I would hate for this to drag on for your sake and his. In the meantime, give that kid a double cheeseburger. ;)

Jeremy and Ruth said...

:( SAD!! Dont show me that skinny picture! :( Dont you know I am PREGNANT and can cry at the drop of a dime or POUND!! :( Poor baby!! I hope they figure out what is causing it! I am glad they are checking for a food allergy that was my guess! let me know when you find anything out! Love you guys! Prayers for you and yours!