We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Monday, December 17, 2012

These are my kids...

These are my kids. I love them. They are beautiful, they are smart, and they are kind. 

In the aftermath of the tragic Connecticut shooting, I treasure them more, am so grateful for them, and am so blessed to have them in my life. I know God loves us all, but the children are sacred to Him. I know He mourns with us all, and I KNOW He embraces those 20 children who have joined Him Home. 

This is Lucy. She makes me smile. Right now, she is reading voraciously, she is writing and typing a play, she is fiercely competing in tether-ball every recess (she is so serious about it! I watched her the other day at school, and she gets a focus-scowl on her face and winds her wrist up a few times before each hit--it's great!).  She is always wanting to do the right thing, she is my picky eater (she likes simple, straightforward food, not any of this crazy-expiramental food Mom likes to cook), she would rather smile and laugh then do anything else.

Elliott. He is passionate. It doesn't matter if he's mad, excited, happy or sad, he is TOTALLY committed and passionate about it. He still loves anything sport-related. He is my helper; helping me make breakfast, grabbing the diaper wipes mid diaper change, or grabbing Archie from his tight-squeeze emergency; he is always willing to help. He is learning to read, and is so proud of himself. He knows that His prayers are heard, and his prayers are always so specific and sweet; he is such a thoughtful little guy.

Ahh, the little one: Archie. His new favorite thing is anything stuffed. He is daily adding to his collection of stuffed animals in his crib because any time he makes a sound, Lucy or Elliott rushes to give him another toy. He smiles, grabs them, makes a growling-monster sound, lays them down, stuffs his face into it and sighs. He still likes to read. He loves his Dad more than anything in the world (Dad claims he just loves him for his iPad, but I know it's really Dad). He is a great sleeper, always wakes up happy and goes to bed happy. He is so friendly! He says "Hi!" to strangers everywhere we go, and says "Bye" to anything he sees...dog, door, person, toy, car, whatever. 


I love my kids. They are my daily joys, tears, laughs and trials. They allow me to be a mother; something I've dreamed of always. I am so blessed to have each day with them.  God must really love  me to bless me with such a gift, and I know He loves them, I feel it in my quiet moments. 

I think I'll go hug them right now!




No comments: