We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blustery Ole January

Ok, January is long gone by the time I'm posting this, but it was very memorable so I'm posting it anyway. 
After all the Taekwondo-ing Lucy been doing, it was only a matter of time before Archie was going to give it a go, right? He's almost ready for the dojo!!


We set some family New Year's resolutions, and Lucy was our scribe: Being nice to Pyper: Lucy, Run a Marathon: Mom and Dad, go to the temple every 2 months: Everybody, Stay fit: Mom, Potty train Archie: Mom, Try to control anger: Lucy, Play with Archie 1 time a day: Lucy, 4th Grade: Lucy...Hey, looks like Elliott's off the hook! 

Oh wait, his teacher pinned him down at school and he decided "I'll listen to my  mom"; best goal yet!! 

We also set monthly family goals, and if we keep them, every three months we'll get a fun family outing.
January: Family Home Evening every week
February: Homework
March: Taekwondo twice a week
April: Service a Week
May: Prayer
June: Family Activities every week
July: Exercise daily
August: Family Home Evening every week (again)
September: Service a week (again)
October: Scripture study
November: Prayer (again)
December: Service a week (again...hey, it's a good one!)
So far, so good!


Archie is doing SO WELL with his eating! He is trying new foods (spaghetti here), and being better about it. Things are still tricky, and it is still (literally) a song and dance to get him to eat sometimes, but he is doing so good.

Just some BEFORE and AFTER haircut pictures.

Ah Elliott. So much energy spent tantruming and playing, he fell asleep on the landing!

Oh January, January. What is with your crazy weather!!?!? So much cold, clouds, snow, and frost!! This has been the craziest weather I've seen in the 10 years I've lived here. All of January was one big ice storm...

Some of it beautiful....

--See what I mean?--

And some of it....not so much.

The hoar frost was lovely, I'll give you that, but the centimeter of ice that covered EVERYTHING for a week straight? Not so nice. At least it gave the kids something to do at the bus-stop.

"Oh what do you do in the Winter time when all the world is ice?" You play silly games with your family of course!!

And you celebrate your 34th birthday!!! 
Ok, I guess the month of January wasn't all bad, it was the month I was born after all. 

4 comments:

LUND said...

Thank you for bringing us up date. That ice does not look fun. Archie's hair looks great.
Love you so and your great family.
Love,
Mom and Dad Johnson

Amanda said...

Finally an update from my best friend! So at the end of March you will have moved on to February right?!

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog from your comment on "This Little Miggy Stayed Home" post about the boy with the EE. My son is 15 months and we are 90% sure he has EE. The Dr will call with the biopsy results from the EGD next week but he has all the clinical signs and the EGD showed it. He had previously had allergy testing done and it showed allergies to milk, wheat, eggs, peanuts, &pecans. It must be hard to throw soy in there too. It is in EVERYTHING! Anyway, I think we should become friends and we can support each other and share what each others doctors are saying! I know this is relatively new and we are all still learning. I am thankful I found you!!

Bonnie Hynes said...

I would love to talk to you!! My email is piklgirl@hotmail.com, just email me and we can talk for sure!