We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, December 6, 2013

Busy November

Oh my goodness, I'm almost caught up with my blogging….I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! It must mean it's near the end of the year, huh? November has been so much fun. Elliott finished up football, and we decided to do basketball for the first time. I have loved it so much. It is low key, only 1 practice a week; and he has so many friends on the team. The games are SO FUN TO WATCH!!! 

 In fact, we loved it so much that we signed Lucy up for January; stay tuned!!!
We had "Moms and Muffins" again, but I was down-and-out with a sinus infection so Harmony stepped in. She isn't pictured, but she is behind the camera, I promise. She's the best.

Archie is growing and learning every day. He is finding new ways to explore, destroy, and keep us busy.  He loves building train tracks, and putting together, playing on, and destroying marble towers.
 This is just a fun moment I wanted to share. He is such a little snuggle-bug. After his naps, or in the morning, he nuzzles in to my hair (something he's done since he was a newborn), and his blankie while we walk downstairs. It's my favorite.


 Earlier this year, I wrote about Lucy getting her tongue clipped; a frenectomy. Well, this month it was Elliott's turn. Our old Bishop performed the procedure, which is nice because Elliott knows and trusts him. Here is someone else he knows and trusts. Lucy asked if she could come along bright and early too (those are pj's she's wearing) and support Elliott since she's been through it before. Best sister ever.
Here he is with Balloon Bob and Balloon John before the procedure. Looking nervous.
 That's better, I prefer the smile.
 And, after. He was in a lot of pain at the surgical center because they only gave him Tylenol while he was under. But, after we gave him the good stuff at home, it was a completely different story!!! He, like his Harmony, his Uncle Kimball and his Cousin Bruce, has the opposite reaction to medications. So, instead of being knocked out by the medicine, he was literally running around the house and up and down the stairs; he was CRAZY!! He made it to his basketball game the next day, and we never heard another word about it. The Doctor was dumbfounded. This procedure is supposed to put them out for several days, if not a week, and both of my kids were good by Sunday. He says we have pretty special kids; we agree.
 Did I mention that Elliott's procedure took place on Mike and My 11th Wedding Anniversary? We figured we were pretty lucky to spend it taking care of our sweet kids we love so much. Even though Mike and I didn't get to go out, he and Lucy got to go on a date for our anniversary; it was a Daddy-daughter activity days that night. They had a manners dinner, and dance lessons. Lucy just giggled her way through the whole thing.
Also on our anniversary, Mike got his early Christmas present, a new Playstation vidogame console. Archie loves to pretend to play "monster games" with Dad or Elliott.
 What a month Elliott had! He got to attend his first cub scout Pack Meeting!!!! The whirlwind begins!!! I am petrified of scouts. I'm not a boy, he is my first, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm told it's fun and a lot of work. I'll let you know how it goes.
 Archie antics. This is one day after he poured dried lentils into my toaster, and poured a half-gallon of almond milk on the floor and body-surfed in it, TWICE. He is no longer allowed in the fridge. "Terrible Twos", huh? I guess I've only experienced the "slightly-inconvenient Twos" up until this point. Archie is ready to show me what I've been missing.
 This is my only picture of Thanksgiving!!! Sorry, I was too busy eating I guess!! It was low-key this year. My sisters were in AZ, so it was just a simple, traditional dinner with Mike's family and his parents' house. Loved it.
 These are just some pictures I found on my phone. How Archie see the world:


No comments: