We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, April 11, 2010

running the k5 by Bonnie Hynes






What an experience. I am not a goal setter, so this is all new to me, but I think I might be hooked! It was hard, and I didn't beat coach Pete, but it was so fun. Mikey and the kids were there to see me off, and there when I finished. That may have been the best part actually. My mother in law signed up thinking she would just walk the whole thing; we should have known better though! She set off with a bang and tried to keep pace with the ROTC--she couldn't overcome her competitive drive. Needless to say, she beat me by a bit! Kristine doesn't run at all, and she came along for the fun of it. I loved having family to go with, and we are thinking of doing one, if not two, next month! The trick now is staying motivated, and convincing Elliot that riding his bike while mommy runs 3 miles every other day is actually fun to do! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy! PLEASE disregard my absolutely ridiculous grin on completing the race and giving coach Pete a high 5...I don't remember being that excited about finishing, but the picture tells a different story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way To Go Bonnie! You are SO awesome!I am super jealous of the Coach Pete pic. Yessss!

Your favorite sister,

Heather

Kerrie said...

That's awesome! I am NOT a runner. I would be happy to just run a mile again. And look at you three miles every other day? You go girl! By the way, you look great in the pictures. So glad you are having fun!