We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, April 30, 2010

Punctured, pressured, and cupped

I am a BELIEVER!!! My lower back has always hurt...that's the way I remember it anyway. Since I was about 20, it just always hurt. First, Ruth and I thought it was because we had been sleeping with a super-soaker 5000 between our mattress and boxsprings, but apparently that wasn't the only reason...super-soaker is gone, back still hurts. It got really bad a couple of years ago, so I started seeing a physical therapist; whom I love by the way, the man's a genius. But, the back pain persisted. He thought it was maybe from 2 c-sections...no core muscles. Now, 4 years later, I am stronger, running, changed mattresses 3 times, stretching, not crossing my legs, doing everything I am supposed to do and it STILL HURTS! Finally, after a really bad couple of days, we all decided the therapy wasn't enough and I explored my choices. We decided to try acupuncture. ABRACADABRA!! I got acupunctured, acupressured, and cupped. Weird to say the least, but definitely not painful. I walked out a new woman. Actaully, the fact that I walked out at all was amazing considering I practically crawled in there! I have been going for 3 weeks, 6 sessions, and I am about half way through treatment. They claim they can cure me for good, and I am starting to believe it! Today I paid close attention at my session so I could report, and they gave me 21 needles, a half hour of heavenly pressure/massage, and 11 cups; my back looks like I was attacked by an octopus! I love it. It is an answer to prayer, and I am so happy! This is my tribute to Eastern medicine. Thanks for keeping me open to the idea all these years Grandma Frazier! These pictures aren't of me, but they are just so you know what I'm talking about. The cupping picture is actaully pretty disturbing, I'm kinda grossed out that my back looks like that and I didn't even know it! Sure feels good though!



























Side note: This morning Elliott rushed out of the bathroom, so excited to inform Mikey and I that he was growing a mustache, and only boys can grow mustaches (usually). He was very proud and declared that his cousin Rowan is probably growing one too. Poor Asian Mikey; even a 4 year old has a fuller 'stache than he does!

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

That is sooo stinkin' funny about Elliot growing a stache!!
Also, way to go finding something that works for you. I might try it since they offer it free while I am goign thru radiation!
Love ya,
Christa

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Bonnie,
What wonderful news.Soooo glad it is working for you. That is an answer to our prayers, too.
Love,
Mom

Jeremy and Ruth said...

so, not the super soaker and not the c-sections huh? well.... I will never walk into a place that sticks needles in me... soo... back pain it is!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.