We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Second October Post, as Promised

Sorry, apparently being pregnant gives me no desire to do anything but the basics, so this post has been long neglected! Even my awesome husband posted something just so you don't all forget about us! This is going to be a very "pictureful" post because if I don't do them all now, I'm afraid I will be so behind that I will never get around to them! So, here comes Elliott's 5th birthday, and Halloween 2010!

Grandma and Pappa Johnson happened to come to Boise for an appointment just in time for Elliott's birthday. Here he is turning 5 at the Cheesecake Factory.


He was very happy that Lucy got him a remote controlled monster truck; it combines his two favorite things.

I've decided that birthday parties are a lot of work, so we have decided to just do the big ones. So far, that is 5 and 8.... I haven't thought about it much past that, we'll worry about it when we get there. Since I was morning sick for his birthday this year, we had his party at our Taekwondo studio...they did an amazing job.

Here's my little kicker.
He got to invite 15 friends from the neighborhood, school and church, and they had too much fun.

He wasn't excited to use the Samurai sword to cut the cake. You can tell by the complacent look on his face in the next two pictures.


We got to bring a piñata, and they had to punch or kick it. Each kid got two whacks at it...


Then the grown-ups got a turn. I played the pregnancy card and got out of it, but Mike, Harmony, and Uncle Jason all had a go at it.


Mike and Harmony got a good hole in it, and Jason's roundhouse kick blew it all to pieces....Chuck Norris would be so proud.


Fun times....Ok, here is Halloween, starting with Lucy's school party.

We almost didn't carve pumpkins this year, but I couldn't let my morning sickness make me the mom that ruined Halloween. So, the day before Halloween, we got down to business.

Lucy wasn't too fond of the slime, but she cleaned it perfectly.

Elliott never gave up either. This is the pumpkin he chose from the patch on his preschool field trip.

They drew on the faces, and Dad did the muscle work. Here is our proud pumpkin man.

Here is Lucy's cutie.

And onto the costumes. My little "Angel-girl" as I call her, was an angel for Halloween. All the candy, costumes and fun, and she was most excited that I was going to let her wear mascara. She is definitely my daughter.

Elliott was Iron Man. He is very excited to have yet another super-hero costume to add to his dress up with Bo repertoire. Because Halloween fell on Sunday this year, we thought trunk-or-treating on Saturday would have to do. The kids didn't mind. They got tons of loot, showed off their costumes, and had fun too.

One last shot of my angel. She turned on the model-mode while I was taking pictures, and started posing like crazy. It was cute....I kinda like her.




5 comments:

Johnson Family said...

what a beautiful family you have.... Love the October update and now we need more, more, more...November and December.
Lots of love!

Wilson Winners said...

Adorable. My 3 fav's have to be... Elliot kicking with the GIANT blow up kicking guy behind him, nice form! Mikey punching the piñata, his hand is actually inside it, AWESOME! Than finally the last one of Lucy dressed up as an angel. She has NEVER looked more like you! Wow she is GORGEOUS! How fun!

Luvs~

Heather

Amanda said...

Since this is how I get my Hynes family fix, I need more blogging. We talk so much on the phone these days! I blame it on pregnancy as much as you do. Talk to you soon, love Amanda

Jeremy and Ruth said...

It has been decided, you will be moving to Logan, we took a vote here and it is unanimous!!! (really though Karver gets way too excited everytime he sees a pic of Elliott for you to not live here) so... let us know if you need help packing.

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

This may be the 2nd October post but it is December.... and we were there and saw your wonderful and wonderfilled family in action.
Thanks for being so "family friendly and helping us feel so welcome.
We love you and your family.