We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lucy Gets Baptized

I have the best family ever, have I said that yet? For Lucy's baptism weekend, we had so much support from my family, and Mike's family, and it made it such a special time for her. Thanks so much! We had Juliet, Ruth and family, and Gramma and Pappa come from out of town, and we had Uncle Jason and family, Harmony and Had Abogi, and the Wilsons from in town. Here are some of the fun goings-ons!

Impromptu concert from Elliott and Karver. Recognize that tiny guitar Anne? Still being put to good use! Thanks again!

Gramma is so good with focused, one-on-one attention with the grandkids. They loved story time.
Karver and Elliott enjoying quality ipad time.
Aunt Juliet bonding with the cutie, Archie.
In classic Pappa style, he offered the kids a $2 bill if they could memorize a poem (he used to post poems on the walls at home and give us rewards for memorizing them when I was a kid). Lucy and Lilly memorized a Shel Siverstein poem about an upside-down pencil. Not to miss his chance for money, Elliott wanted to show Pappa that he memorized the church song "I Lived in Heaven"; all 3 verses! When it came recital time, he was a little nervous. Thanks Uncle Jason for documenting this moment!
nervously wrapping Lucy's $2 bill around my arm...
finishing the recital on my lap...
the audience...
and finally, the payout.
Fun family happenings weren't the only amazing things this weekend....there was the BAPTISM!! Mike baptized Lucy, and she chose to have Pappa Lund give her the confirmation blessing. That is when he lays his hands on her head, and by the power of the preisthood, gives her the gift of the Holy Ghost. From now on, she will have the Holy Ghost to guide her and help her in her life. What a blessing! Thanks for being part of her special day, Pappa!

Here are Lucy and Daddy before the baptism:
And here is Lucy after! We baptize by immersion, so she is nice and wet and clean all over!
Then there was the struggle of a family picture. There is so much I could say, but instead, I'll just show you. If I was a skilled photo editor, I could compile a decent family picture from bits of each shot, but it is much more fun to see the craziness of the moment, I think.



Oh well, we tried.
This next family picture turned out a little better. We were a calmer bunch. These are some of my family members: Aunt Juliet, Aunt Ruth, Mom Karen, Dad Lund, Aunt Emily, and me. Baby Karver snuck in there last minute, but EVERY picture is cuter with Karver in it, so we didn't mind.
Great weekend, thanks everyone! Like I said...best family ever!

4 comments:

annebabe said...

who is that skinny hot chick with the long hair?? oh wait . . . its YOU!!! holy toledo you are looking good woman.

and congrats to Lucy, what a special day. Memories were made that will last a life time. :)

LUND said...

All the variations in the baptism family piture are on the left side. Mike and Archie were the constant. Great pictures! It was a fun time. Mom

LUND said...

PS - I love the 3 on 1 picture. It is destined to be an all time favorite.
Thanks Jason.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

It was soo fun! I am soo glad I was able to come! :) Loved it and love the Hynes family!