We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a Birthday!


BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!
My parents just happened to schedule a Boise visit over my birthday weekend, which was enough incentive to get my sister Ruth and her family up here too! Combine them with Emily and Heather's family, and you have the makings of the best birthday gathering ever!
We had so much fun, and it will take several posts to catch up, but I have to start somewhere, so I'll start with MY BIRTHDAY! A very good place to start, if I do say so myself!

Kason was very sweet with Archie. He kinda liked the Buddha Archie statue more than the real thing, but he was still very sweet.
We got tickets to a hockey game on friday night for the whole group, and we had fun!




We had a birthday "breakfast for dinner" on Saturday night, and my sisters and Mom were VERY helpful. Look at the slaving away over my dinner!
The kids' table isn't just for Thanksgiving at our house. Little Korean tables are very useful.
Have you ever seen a more attractive picture of a man, EVER?!?! He must really love me...
As an early birthday present, my parents brought up a box of Arizona oranges!! SPECTACULAR!!! They taste like sunshine and my childhood...I love them!
One of my gifts came delivered with plenty of packing paper, which Kimo and Elliott enjoyed very much. Kimo is the teasiest and funnest Uncle to have around, and Elliott is such a good sport.

Breakfast for dinner is such a sweet meal, that a cake just seemed like overkill, so we put a candle in some cinnamon rolls and called it good.
I wish you could see the panicked expression on Archie's face here. He was so freaked out by the candle, or maybe the singing; no, it couldn't have been the singing, my family is so melodious...
Archie is so relieved when I blow out the candle! Mom's can make everything better.
On my ACTUAL birthday, we went to lunch at a yummy BBQ restaurant, and Archie had his first high-chair meal.
Gramma Karen came prepared to do a Valentine's Day craft with the kids (and Emily). They made cute candy heart topiaries.
And finally, rounding out the birthday festivities, desert with Mike's family! Mike made his world class brownies (from scratch...I know, right? He's amazing. He didn't wear his apron this time), and we had them with ice cream and caramel!
Whew! You can never celebrate a birthday too much. That's what I always say.

3 comments:

LUND said...

You captured the whole birthday beautifully. Soooo glad we were able to be there.
Mom and Dad

LUND said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnson Family said...

fun times all around! Bonnie, you are looking simply STUNNING! Mom says that you are about a size 8 now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still hover with a belt in size 12. Maybe soon I will get brave enough to try a size 10 on..... maybe. I am sooo proud of you! Seriously, the hair, the body....Bonnie is a hottie!!!!
And a husband doing the dishes (especially in an apron) is always adorable!
By the way, the scarves from Yoon are sooooooooooooooo awesome. I get compliments wherever I go and 3 people have said that they seriously want to buy one. Yoon needs a website or an etsy shop or something! Arizona is ready for Yoon's scarves!
Love you guys to the moon!!
Christa