We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 of My Favorite Things



The grocery store had these cute little bags of gorgeous meyer lemons (the same lemons I grew on my little lemon tree, may it rest in peace), so I had to buy it and make something lovely. I remembered that when I was little, my home teacher, Brother Carpenter, had a wife, Lela, who made the BEST lemon meringue pies! They were my favorite. Then, I realized that my kids have never had lemon meringue pie! Well, I had to do something about that. This was very exciting to me. Making this pie is kinda something on my bucket list. I grabbed my America's Test Kitchen recipe and got to work, and the adventure began!


SUCCESS!!

Turns out, I don't like meringue! Oh well, it looks pretty, the crust was spectacular, and the lemon was superb!

Onto another favorite thing of mine...family sports outings. The family went to a BSU basketball game. We loved cheering them on!



And finally, and I mean FINALLY!!!, we got some snow in Boise! This morning at 7am, it started, and it just kept coming! How cute are Elliott's sunflowers covered in snow. They look like little snowballs.

By 8:30, the kids had their gear on, and they were out playing before heading to the bus stop.


Poor Archie, this is as close as he gets to the snow. If it would have stopped snowing for a bit, I would have plopped him in it for a photo op, but it just kept on comin!
After school, Elliott's first snowman.

PLEASE let this be the first of MANY snowstorms this winter...we love them!

2 comments:

LUND said...

My mouth is watering. I am not a fan of meringe but looove the zingy filling. It is beautiful! Lela would be proud.
Snow! Snow! Snow!= Fun! Fun! Fun!
Love you and will see you soon.
Mom and Dad

Johnson Family said...

such a fun post!!!!!! It made me miss Boise. But I love the sun too much. We will just have to come and visit soon!