We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Birthday Girl and Girlie Weekend in New Mexico

At the end of September, I had the chance to head to New Mexico with the women of my family for a little retreat, or "Summer of Love", at my Aunt Pat's home. It was wonderful. But, it was so hard to leave my family behind! For one thing, I was going to miss Lucy's birthday festivities. I would fly home on her birthday, so I wouldn't miss it completely, but I would miss the Sunday family fun. It was also my first time leaving Archie, and only my second time leaving Lucy and Elliott. But, they were in good hands with Daddy, so I knew it couldn't go wrong. 
This was my view on my way out the door...seriously...how do you LEAVE THIS BEHIND!?!?!? They're so cute! 
Upon arriving in Albuquerque, Mike sends me this text. It seems Archie and his banana snack were giving him a hard time!
No worries though, this was the next picture sent...all was well.
I made it to New Mexico!! Don't I look relaxed and happy? 
It was beautiful. We just ate clean, earthy food, talked and laughed, Yoga'd, Chi'gong'd, breathed, accepted, and lived. It was priceless to just take a break, and reconnect with my family. Besides, who would't thrive in this environment??


 It was beautiful! And, it was magical too. My Aunt Pat swears there is no cell reception or strong wi-fi, but I was ablt to video call my family every morning and night! She couldn't believe it. It was definitely a "summer of love" miracle. I'm glad for it too, I'm not sure I would have made it through without it!

This is the lady herself, Aunt Pat, with my cousin Alexis.



I got to spend time with my cousin, and practically sister, Tiffany! Priceless!

Christa and Juliet and I enjoyed some great walks.

Sidewalk Chalk art!

It was like living in an art piece.

Me and one of my beautiful sisters, (they are all beautiful, this is just one of them!) Juliet.
Meanwhile, back in Idaho, Lucy celebrated number 9!!!



While they partied it up in Idaho, we were getting crazy in New Mexico...hey, what are Grandma Frazier and Gramma Karen doing??
Oh. Of course, a plastic bubble balloon sculpture!

Lucy got her much-wanted tetherball pole, and nail polish! She and Maric are quite a pair: korean beauties!

Look at my Lucy girl!!! She is so beautiful and OLD!!


Back on the "summer of love", we walked some more, enjoyed each other, and meditated on Pat's Labyrinth.  Here are Heather, Mom, and Grandma Frazier pondering the beauties of life in the wild.
That about sums it up! Don't you wish you'd been there? Maybe next time, the more love the better!
(from top left: Emily, Heather, Juliet, Grandma Frazier, Tiffany; second row: Mckenzie, Aunt Pat, Mom, Alicia, Alexis; bottom row: Christa, Aunt Gwen, and me!)


It may have been the "summer of Love", but my "life of love" was waiting for me when I got home, and that was my favorite part. 

The kids made me signs,


And met me at the airport with them.

 Ahhhhh, feeling the love!!









No comments: