We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, November 2, 2012

September Beginnings

This is Archie's scowl. He thinks it's hilarious. Ok, so do we.


I had to start you off with a super-cute picture of Archie so you'd all be more likely to forgive my GIANT hiatus from blogging...did it work? It is November 2 in real time, and I am just blogging the beginning of September!! So sorry, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! 

Imagine this: school just started, the weather is lovely, it's time for some football!! Here is Elliott as quarterback. I know he's my son, so I must be biased, but he is such a good little football player! He throws so hard, far and accurately, and he chases down the other players when he's on defence....the boy doesn't give up! My favorite though, was watching him cheer for his team, The Bucks, when he was on the sideline. Such an enthusiastic kid. He dreamt of an interception all season, and it came in the second half of his last game! He caught an interception and ran for few yards. I don't think you've seen a happier little boy, or a more proud Daddy.

Here is Harmony (the mask is because of the crazy-smokey season and her poor allergies), and Archie hanging out watching the game.

Mike and I had worked so hard all summer, training for our first half-marathon. We trained together, planned and had so much fun! On September 1, we got to run it in Pocatello, Idaho!  Here we are road tripping to Pocatello.


The day of the race was a Blue Moon...that explains so much.

Goal Achieved!!! At mile 11, my knee gave out, so we had to run/walk the last 2 miles, but Mike stuck by me and we still managed it in 2:25!! It is hard to explain how amazing it felt to set a goal together, work so hard, and see it accomplished TOGETHER!!! He's got his sights on a full marathon in the spring...we'll see!
  While we were there, Archie got to spend some time with his future best-buddy, Ben Neilson!

One last hurrah at the local river...


Archie discovers the joys of Legos...something his big brother can tell him all about someday.

And his love of playgrounds; particularly the big slides.


Lucy got to participate in a volleyball clinic....I have the best kids!

And, Mike and I got to do something else we've been planning for a LONG TIME!!!! Les Mis came to BOISE!!!! He took me on a hot date the night before I left for a ladies getaway in New Mexico with my family....

But that's a story for another time!

No comments: