We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, June 8, 2014

February at Last

I'm not going to lie to you... It has been so long since these pictures were taken, that I don't remember a lot of details....oops. I'm trying to catch up, but I'm even falling behind in doing that!! February is a dreary month here, and it's not just because it's my after-birthday let-down :) It's usually cold and cloudy. So, to cheer the kids up, we took a little trip to Powell's Sweet Shoppe!!

This is our trip to Boise Fry Company before the candy store. Lucy was stuck at the "kids' table". She was not happy.

This is an example of my missing some of the details....Lucy was sick, but that's all I can remember!!! Lucy says she had a high fever. Poor thing.
 VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Of course I remember Valentine's Day! Mike was so sweet and got me flowers and chocolates...perfect way to fight the dreary winter blues!

 These orchids were actually his gift to me last year, but they re-bloomed in time for V-Day again this year. I count it; 3 bouquets :)
 Poor kids. By V-Day, I am so over the sugar of the holidays, so they don't get a very big haul. The first picture is of my chocolates from Mike, then some shots of the kids' goodies. Elliott and Lucy got Valentines for each other this year. Elliott got Lucy an Orange Crush, and Lucy got Elliott Swedish Fish; both of their favorites :)
 We have been having trouble with Archie's behavior with other kids. At the YMCA child watch, and the church nursery, he has been getting in trouble for hitting other kids and not listening. He is a nice kid, but he is VERY energetic, curious, impulsive, and likes a good reaction. Hitting seems to be the best way to satisfy all these. So, we have been trying to involve more structure and boundaries in his life. The BEST way to do that is The Little Gym. We did it with both Lucy and Elliott, and it was great. I forgot just how great. THEY ARE AMAZING!!! They help him learn to sit and listen, take turns, and wait in line, but more importantly, they remind me that he is  just a little boy, and he is still allowed to learn and explore. It has been great.


 He didn't grasp the concept of group activities so well, but the teachers assured me it was fine, and I was able to relax and just watch him explore. It was nice to see him as his cute, energetic self, rather than constantly worrying that he was "at it again!"
Of course, the stamps after class are always the highlight.


We started to get a little Spring poking around the end of the month, and Archie was all over the mild rain. What does fashion matter when it's the first nice rain of Spring!!?!??
 Elliott made this Minecraft Herobrine head out of perler beads. He was so proud, he asked me to take a picture and post it on Facebook. Of course I did.
 What is this?!? Now nice weather and NO RAIN!!! February, you are spoiling us!!
 Oh. Ok. That's more like it, February.

 We were sad that February also saw the last of Lucy's first season of basketball. WHAT A FUN TIME!!!! She loved it, even if she did apologize her way through every quarter. The aggressiveness of it isn't necessarily for her, but she never stopped grinning as she ran the court, listened to the coach yell, "throw it to Lucy" constantly, rebounded like a pro, and threw her arms up in triumph after every successful shot. We loved watching her.
Another yummy outing to Aspen Leaf frozen yogurt...
 You may ask, "why are you crazy enough to go get frozen yogurt when  it's snowy outside?!?!"
"Oh...that's why!!"
 When the kids test for taekwondo, we let them pick a celebratory treat. Lucy did a maintenance test for second degree, so we celebrated!!

How to stay cozy...with a good book...
 ... and a good brother...
 Elliott got his first scout accomplishment!!! His Bobcat!!! Dad was working, so we had to make due. Luckily, Archie was there to help out :)
 Archie's car wash.


1 comment:

LUND said...

I am glad that you alerted me to your blogging. Reading this entry was almost as good as being there in the snow or mild weather or little gym. Makes me what to hug you and your family!
Love you sooooo!