We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Festivities!!

I'd like to start off with a little montage that I call, Archie's Awkward Photo Face. I think you'll see why I named it that. Let's begin...

First we have his Frankenstein-grimace as he shows off the Gingerbread man that he made for his cousin, Christian. 
 Our next example of Archie-awkward-photo-face is when he decides to show off his castle made wholly of Christmas decorations...
 I call this one, his no-eye-contact smirk.
 There are many versions of the no-eye-contact-smirk. Here is another example:
The Rudolph.
 This one, after seeing Santa at his preschool party, is his one-sided-popeye-face.
 Ok, that ends that little montage, I'm sure I'll gather more examples as time goes on. But, for now, on to more Christmas fun!!
We had some friends over for sugar cookie decorating and it was so much fun! There ended up being about 11 of us, and it lasted all afternoon and into the evening, but I loved it. It is one of the rare occasions when I can watch a MAJOR mess being  made, and be okay with it. 

Even Aunt Amanda made it over to decorate a few.
Mike likes to make sure that Elliott doesn't miss out on any of the perks of having a big brother, since he doesn't have one. So, he told Elliott about the impossible Quarter-drop game.  It isn't possible to roll a quarter off your nose into a circle drawn on a paper. After many attempts, Elliott DID IT!!! This is his victory photo. Then he went to look in the mirror and found out the real game. (kinda glad there wasn't so much photographic proof of things like this when I was a kid!!) He is such a good sport, and I'm happy Mike has an outlet for his practical jokes, because I am not a fan.

 Lucy had her first band concert!!! They played several Christmas songs, and it only lasted a few minutes, but it was pretty amazing to see how much she's learned in just a few months. 
 It wouldn't be Christmas break without some sibling conflict, but Mike has the perfect solution. Here they are "hugging it out". Works every time.
We went to see a live nativity by our house on Monday night, but when we got there, it was cancelled. All bundled up with no place to go, we decided to head out to Caldwell to see their Winter Wonderland light display. Gusting, frigid winds couldn't stop us from enjoying it! Only minimal grumbling, just another Christmas adventure!
 It's hard to see, and you may have to really concentrate, but it's worth it to see Mike warming his backside, sharing fire with Pooh Bear. Made my whole night that he was willing to pose for this picture for me!! I kinda like this guy!!






No comments: