We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Festivities



So many great things happen in the spring! St. Patrick's day, flowers blooming, spring showers, spring break, monster truck rallies. I've been so busy enjoying all these great things, that I've fallen behind in my blogging again. It's inevitable. I was doing so well, but nothing lasts forever right?
Imagine this: It's the night we got home from our trip to Arizona, the night before St. Patrick's day. We just wrestled the kids into bed (they can't go to sleep; they're too excited to see what the leprechauns are going to bring them tomorrow!), Mike and I settle into the big, purple, fluffy couch to watch some tv, and listen to the spring storm outside. I get up to get a late night sweet of some kind (yay Easter candy season), I look out my window and see this!:


I yelled for the kids to get out of bed (unprecedented) and come see what is happening outside!! We then discuss that this must be how the leprechauns travel, and they go to bed even more blissed out on St. Patrick's day....perfect.

Wasn't that a heart-warming story? Now for our tragedy. Archie's first bandaid-worthy boo-boo. Poor guy cut his chubby little foot on a carpet tack. Don't ask why our house has exposed carpet tacks, you might get a Bonnie-rant, just know that his injury was not severe and he is recovering nicely.

He also spiked a HUGE fever (not the fault of shoddy flooring), and we took him to the Dr. Lucy got busy in the waiting room and built this:
Turns out it was just a crazy fever that lasted for 3 days and ended with a rash...roseola maybe? We may never know.

Also on St. Patrick's Day, Mike and his brother Jason took the kids to the Monster Truck Rally! They had fun times, of course!


Love the cool kids posing in front of the bat mobile, and the cool ear wear!

St Patrick's day is also Mike's Mom's Birthday, so we had to celebrate! I made some yummy themed desserts:
Now that St. Patrick's Day is out of the way, spring can officially begin, right....right?!?!?!? C'mon Boise, get on board already! THIS is how Boise does spring!! Daffodils sitting in snow.

It got nice eventually, so we headed to a close park for Archie's first park adventure!! He loved sliding with his big brother and big sister.




Spring Break is another great part of spring. We had to go the Community Flatbread Pizza so the kids could make their own little pizzas (thanks for coming Joy and Lilly)..
...And then we just HAD to go to Powell's Sweet Shop and get some edible Lego candies, right?
And then our wonderful neighbors, Ron and Sonya, had the kids over to paint their spring bird houses.



I'll have to take a picture of them hanging in my apple tree. In the dead of winter, and I mean DEAD of winter, when nothing looks alive, or cheerful, I love to see these little, colorful houses sitting in the brown sticks of my apple tree.

This year, I asked Mike to clear the dead growth from my garden because I was creeped out by the prospect of running into spiders. He and Lucy were troopers and got it done for me!!! I love seeing them working together. Bonding over hard labor is the best way to do it!

Next it was over to the park for the first kite flight of the year.

More Spring adventures to come! It is the best time of year in Boise. So unpredictable, but so exciting!

3 comments:

LUND said...

What an amazing Spring is yours. Your treats were cuuuuute and the rainbow in the night sky was fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I love the rainbow before St. Patricks day!! AWESOME!! Achie is getting TOO Big without me! :( And i hope Lucy's kite doesnt fly away this year, i remember what a tragedy it was last time that happened! :)Love you and miss you! :0)

Amanda said...

I love ready your blog and keeping in touch with your family this way. Miss you bunches! Love Amanda