We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Arizona Longings...

I want to reminisce about our AMAZING trip to visit family in AZ. These pictures make me happy and sad all at once! I had so much fun, but I miss them so much! These are the last remnants of the trip, so enjoy them!

The kids at the airport; all ready for take-off! They love watching the planes fly in and guessing which will be ours.

Archie on the flight. Even though he had a double ear infection, he was such a great baby on both flights.

We tried a yummy little pastry shop on Main street. The kids got to enjoy cookies the size of their heads!


Then it was off to the ball game! I lived in Arizona for almost 18 years, and never went to a spring training game! Mike had something to say about that. We were able to go to the Cubs verses Brewers game, and it was a hot, fun, hot dog eating, sun-block wearing time with Papa and Gramma and the gang! Mike wants to make it a yearly tradition...I AM ALL FOR THAT!

Every trip to Arizona has to come with a trip to Water n Ice for some Thrifty Chocolate Malt Ball Crunch ice cream!!!! It used to be a cylindrical scoop, but I ate it too quickly. Hey, it's Arizona, ice cream melts!

Lucy and her little cousin Sara...two peas in a pod. Sara liked Lucy's haircut so much, she had Aunt Alicia cut hers too!

Cute girlies!

I met up with some high school friends and went ice-blocking; it's Arizona's version of snow sledding.

Mike, Lucy and I had a race. On your mark,

Get set,

GO!!!

Here you can see how Mike totally sabotages me!! I would have won for sure.

Morgan set up a tent in the backyard and let the kids play in it. It was our last day there, and the kids had great fun!

I love this picture. I love my parents. I love Arizona. I love Mike for letting me go and visit.

Heading home. It had to happen, it's the way of things. Until next time.

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

such beautiful pictures!!!! We miss you guys here as well. I know, why don't you come down for Easter Fish? he he he.
I think we are going to start making it a tradition to go to Boise during the summer and do stuff with you guys there. So start planning for us!
We loved having you here and can't wait for next years "Spring Training Trip to AZ".
p.s. I hope Lucy's homework eventually made it to her. And Archie's wand, he needs that for turning all the cute baby girls into frogs so they will leave him alone!
Love to all, Christa

LUND said...

SO GLAD IT WAS AS GOOD FOR YOU AS FOR US. WE HAD A BALL BECAUSE WE GOT TO HAVE YOU DAY AND NIGHT!

Things really worked out well for all. Looking forward to seeing you possibly at the graduation of Heather in a month or two.... whenever it is.

LUND said...

SO GLAD IT WAS AS GOOD FOR YOU AS FOR US. WE HAD A BALL BECAUSE WE GOT TO HAVE YOU DAY AND NIGHT!

Things really worked out well for all. Looking forward to seeing you possibly at the graduation of Heather in a month or two.... whenever it is.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I want to go so bad!!! I am jealous make sure we all go next time! Then it will really be heavenly! :) Looks like so much fun I am jealous!