We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A day in the life

ok Christa, this one's for you! She wanted to know how things flow at the Hynes house, so here is the lowdown! Mikey is off to the Y at about 5, Elliott wakes up sometime between then and when he gets home around 6:30 (I know, he's CRAZY!!) We get Lucy up at 7:15 to get ready for school and I make them breakfast. Some days, Mikey is off to work by 7:30, and sometimes, not until 10:30. We take Lucy to the bus at 8:27 (yes, I am that much of a spaz), and Elliott and I head to the Y when she is picked up.

Elliott loves the Y because it is kinda like his preschool. Monday he gets to play on the jump house, and friday is scooter day; those are his favorites. Then, at 10:00, it is home for a snack and shower while Elliott plays Mario Bros or watches Diego (his favorite part of the day). Errand time!! I like to sneak to the grocery store while Lucy is gone because errands are NOT her favorite things.

Home for lunch and Lucy off the bus at 12:20. Quiet time ( a fancy name for a little tv time) while I either read or nap or clean. If it is nice, we will ride bikes or play at a park. Lucy is loving play dates lately, so we may throw one of those in too! If mikey is working late, we may head over to the Wilson's for some adult conversation!! (my favorite part of the day).

I get to cook dinner now!!!! I love cooking dinner, except when I don't, you know how it goes! Dinner around 6:00, goodnight show around 7, and the kids in bed by 7:30!!! Mommy time now! Tivo'd shows to watch, books to read, laundry to fold, and sleep to be had! Fun times, no? The kids probably watch too much tv, and I don't clean enough, but we enjoy each other. The rare days when we get to break this routine and have some real fun are the best days. Mikey's days off are great too. That is my story!

Here are some pics of Elliott trying to be like daddy, Lucy's missing tooth, and Lucy and Alayna's makeup fun. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are to adorable. Bonnie I had no idea your days were so fun filled. Wow you are one busy lady! I am glad we get to hang our with you guys as much as we do. This was such a good suggestion. I am suddenly wondering about everyone's daily routines! LUVS!

Heather

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Cute!!

Johnson Family said...

Wow!! You amaze me, and wow me!!! I am soooo glad you posted a "day in the life of Bonnie"!!!! You have such a wonderful life and I loved reading and living your life via the blog.... Truthfully, it made me miss Boise really, really bad...... so maybe you could find a job for Morgan with great insurance for me.....just a thought!!! We love you guys soooooo much and I am very excited to have you here soon!!!!
Thanks again for indulging my blog desire!!!
Love ya,
Christa

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

I love that I don't have to fill out so much info to publish my comments. More convenient? Yes. Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.
Love, Mom

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

More great pictures. I am going to try to copy your day into my journal. It is almost like being there.
Love, Mom