We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wall Climbing

I took the kids to the YMCA for free climbing, and it was a lot of fun. I was not expecting Elliott to even put the harness on, and I thought Lucy would climb a bit. I should know better than to underestimate my kids! Elliott tried the free-standing ladder, but quickly thought it too wiggly, and then he tried the wall. He wouldn't climb without me, so there aren't many pictures of him...sorry. He only got as high as my head the first 3 times, but by then end he climbed out of my reach. He is amazing. He doesn't like to be scared, so this was an accomplishment. Lucy, on the other hand, loves to be scared; she is out little thrill-seeker! She climbed the ladder, even though she was very nervous once she got half way up. Then, she climbed the wall on 3 different paths and rang the bell at the top each time!! I have pictures of what I think was the most difficult climb; there is a ledge and everything! She is like a little spider up there. I think I will have to make this wall-climbing thing a regular activity because she seems like a natural. Here are some pictures...enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is oober professional! They look adorable, and so proud. How fun!

Heather

Jeremy and Ruth said...

WOW!! TELL Lucy her aunt is VERY VERY impressed! i've tried it and it is hard!

kristine said...

Rowan just saw these, first thing he said "I want to climb up there!"

Michelle Randall said...

that is awesome! i have never been rock climbing but it seems so fun. I'm amazed that kids can do it.