We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, February 12, 2010

Day five







Day five started at the Y, Lucy had the day off school, so she was pretty happy to get to play in the big kids room at the Y. Elliott was able to ride scooters today, which he loves, and Lucy played soccer with some of the bigger kids. The above pic is the Mohawk I gave Elliott for fun before we went out to Chuck E Cheese's.






The kids had a great week, were very helpful to me, and were very obedient, so we celebrated by going to play at one of their fav playgrounds.





That was after we went to Dad's fav playground, the Harley dealer, where I finally got to spend my Christmas and bday gift cards I've been saving and I bought the jacket I wanted. While there we also grabbed a quick cache by the dealer. After Chuck's, we went and found two nearby caches, then we hung out with the Wilsons for a bit.






We ended the day at harmy's place for dinner again.

I want to say thanks to Christa for the kind words about my previous post. It's good to know you have appreciated Bonnie being there, and it brought tears to my eyes because the things you wrote are some of the exact things we miss the most about mom being here. Bonnie definitely brings a brighter, more positive attitude to our lives, and she even made things easier on me by planning out our week. I couldn't have put my finger on it when we were first together, but I realize now one of the reasons I fell in love with Bonnie, and continue to fall in love with her, is that she is the most amazing mother I can imagine. It is definitely reflected in our kids' attitudes and personalities and having this week to focus on my kids has been a wonderful blessing and has left a mark on me, and hopefully leaves a mark on my kids, that won't soon be forgotten. Get well soon Christa, thanks for the kind words, and thanks for this wonderful opportunity!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever read. You guys are beyond adorable.

Heather Wilson

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Not cool! you made a pregnant women cry! :) actually it was very COOL!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

WE ARE SOOOOOO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GO AND BE OF SUCH AN UPLIFT. AND MIKE COULD STAY AND HAVE A PARADIGM EXPERIENCE. You two have really been wonderful. Blessing will flow now and later for your Christlike service.... YOU BOTH MADE IT POSSIBLE.

Johnson Family said...

we love you sooooo much Hynes family!!!! Thanks for letting us borrow your mommy for a week!!! A great week full of lots of laughter and love....(I will always have foggy recollections of Mario Brothers characters and you guys laughing so hard that you were all crying!)