We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Monday, February 22, 2010

February Fun

I have some pictures from Emily's birthday dinner the night before I left. Mikey suggested I post many of our pictures from our gatherings to show you how much fun we are having to better lure you all up here to Boise!! This is my first attempt at coercion. Heather and Emily hid a baby inside the cake, and it was an epic event waiting to see who had it...Lucy was literally stressed out over it! Here is a funny series of pictures depicting Grandma Karen's exuberance upon finding the doll in her piece. FUN TIMES!!!
































In other news...I just returned from my trip to Bagdad, AZ to visit Morgan, Christa, Cassidy, Lund, Sarah, and Will. Christa had chemo on monday, and I stayed until saturday. Other than sleeping in until noonish, her bad days, she acted just like me on a good day! She even played a round of dodgeball on thursday night. She is amazing, her family is amazing, the valley was amazing, and IT was amazing! I loved coming home to my family and getting back into the groove here, but it was soooo much fun. Notice the pictures of me with their turtle, Dot. I love that turtle!! She is the cutest, she was nice enough to come out of hibernation for a day so I could see her in action. Thanks Dot.































I have some sad new. I will need to give you some background info first. Elliott has an imaginary preschool...Spiderman preschool. for about the last year and a half, he has told us all sorts of things about this school. The bus has a spiderman on top, his teachers are only girls. They take him out to lunch at restaraunts, but he isn't allowed to tell us where. If you ask him where he learned something, it was always at Spiderman preschool. The other day, he walked up to me and told me that his spiderman preschool isn't real, he was just teasing us. HOW SAD!!! I know this must mark some kind of developmental stage...he has burned down his imaginary school! I hope his innocence and sense of humor remain...it is an end of an era!


















Finally, here are some shots from the kids' swimming lessons at the Y. Lucy is backstroking by herself, and Elliott is getting used to having water in his face. Only 18 years of training away from Olympic golds!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Hip...Hip.... hooray!!!!! I love the post cuz I love keeping up on your life!! Keep sending Boise pictures and you never know what could happen!!!!

We really, really love you guys...spread the love up there in Boise!
Christa

Anonymous said...

Bonnie~ This was an especially good one. You have captured the past couple of weeks. Loved it!

Heather WIlson