We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Little Buddah Baby

For an update, Archie just had his 4 month appointment. his weight is 13 pounds: 10th percentile; his height is 23.3/4: 5th percentile; and is head is 43 cm: 90th percentile!!! That's the way we make them at the Hynes house. Thus the following story:
I turned a corner at Pier 1 the other day and this statue took my breath away! (that rhymes!)

It is my little buddah baby Archie! I think it looks like him; it has his head for sure. It was so cute and I instantly loved it so much that my stomach actually hurt. Mike said I could buy it for an early anniversary present...I love it! Thanks Mike! Here is the actual sleeping Archie, so you can compare.
It's true, the real one IS much cuter.

Archie loves playing with his little cheese-cloth blankies. He rubs them in his face, sucks on them, grabs them with his hands, anything he can do with them, he does; and he is happy. Whenever he fusses, the first two things out of my mouth to Lucy or Elliott are, " can you get him his blankie? Can you get him his binky?" Those two things can solve most any problem.

Another Archie moment that I love is right before sleep time. He will be grumpy and fussy, so we swaddle him up and lay him down. Before I can even get the binky in his mouth, he is smiling and cooing and looking straight at me. I don't know if he is trying to tell me that's what he wanted all along, or if he is trying to show me how happy he is so he doesn't have to go to sleep! Crazy boy.

In August every year, our neighborhood celebrates National Night Out Day on August 2. There is jump houses and paramedics, police officers, and lots of fun. So much fun, that I forgot to take any pictures! sorry! But, I did get a picture of the pre-party fun as Lucy painted Maric's fingernails like a rainbow:

And now for some random summer-fun moments:

Play-dogh never gets old!
We used some animal cracker cookie cutters, and Lucy had a whole zoo-themed story going.
Elliott enjoying himself.
A family in our neighborhood projected a movie onto a sheet in their front yard and invited the neighborhood kids to watch. I have a special love of this plan because my dad used to do this for the neighborhood kids when I was very young. I love that my kids will have that memory from their childhoods now too. The only problem is that it doesn't get dark until 9:30 here, so the movie isn't done until 11:00! They didn't get to finish the movie because it was MY bedtime, but they still had fun.




2 comments:

LUND said...

Back yard movies for neighbors and friends -- I didn't know they will made movie and projectors -- bet use DVDs with projectors. But what fun. your neighborhood sounds wonderful and safe!! Play dough is a life long tradition. Did you make the play dough of buy it. Christa still makes hers -- but still does not taste very good.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!! You seriously have some of THE CUTEST kids!! I love those pics of Elliott playing with playdo, blue is his color!!! and budah archy?? I THINK SOO!!!! I didnt know he modeled for sculpting! :) CUTE CUTE CUTE>>>> I MISS MISS MISS THEM!!!!