We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, August 5, 2011

Baek-Il Memories

Before I get to Archie's Baek-il, I want to take a look back and the Baek-ils of yesteryear. I wasn't blogging then, so I have no world-wide evidence of Lucy and Elliott's head-shaving adventures. I am going to remedy that right now. Here are some of the before and afters of their 100 day birthdays.

BEFORE:
you cannot tell me she isn't Archie's twin! I think they look so much alike and even make the same faces!
AFTER:Isn't she sweet? Smiling despite the humiliation? I remember thinking she looked like a basketball player!

Now on to Elliott's BEFORE:
Cute blonde locks!

AFTER:
We can all see where Archie got his head shape! So, to sum it up, Archie is Lucy's face on Elliott's head. Ever the diplomat, he decided to be fair and look like both of them so there is no jealousy. Such a good little brother.

The Baek-il is a fun tradition, and a simple way to connect them to their Korean roots. It usually involves food and a family gathering, and we did both. Stay tuned for Archie's big reveal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will wait with great anticipation.
Mom

Johnson Family said...

wow, You totally pinned it....Archie looks like Lucy on Elliots head. Great combo!!!! Can't wait for Archie's pictures!!!