We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lucy with Stripes

My Lucy is so amazing. She is so brave and confident and amazing! She is learning so much from Taekwondo, not just kicks and blocks, but confidence and stamina and courage. She has worked so hard this semester to get her high blue belt! She is half way to black belt now, and still one of the youngest in her class. Master Lee really upped the intensity for blue belt, no just sliding by, you really have to know your stuff and she did. Here are some pictures of her amazingness!

This is her back-stance in her form. I love it because it looks like tae-chi to me!

This is her one-step sparring...look how high she is kicking!!

This is Lucy moments before she broke the board with her spin kick. This kick is crazy. you start facing the board, then spin around, swinging your leg, and kick the board behind you, finishing where you started. Sound confusing? It is. I told you she was amazing.

Here she is receiving her new belt in front of the class.

That's my girl!!!

Here she is with Archie. She is amazing with him too. She helps me, holds him, helps him be happy and helps him play and learn. She is starting 2nd grade next week, and I am so proud of her! It's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

LUND said...

All I can say is WOW!! (and, of course, we love her and her family and are very proud of her diligence).
Grama Karen and Papa Lund