We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Fun Doesn't Stop When the School Bell Rings!

Lucy has wanted to ride in a hot air balloon since she was about 3 years old. Nothing makes them happier than seeing a hot air balloon in the morning sky. So, when the Spirit of Boise balloon festival happened this September, Mike set out at 5AM to take them to see the dozens of balloons launch downtown. Archie and I got to sleep in....in theory...







To celebrate the kids' first week of school, the kids came home from school to a box of "Nerds" candy, because they are officially nerds now, and then we walked to the Maverik gas station for a treat:

Archie trying out his future high-chair...not quite there yet.


Mike took Elliott to the Mountain Home Airforce Appreciation Day Parade. Now this I was sad to miss! Lucy and Archie and I had to stay home because Lucy had a birthday party, but I love this parade: we have gone every year since we've lived in Boise. It is an over 3 hour parade, the kids get their weight in candy, and then there are the festivities afterwards. Elliott scored some cotton candy that he didn't finish because it was too messy...Mike got a treat too--hee hee.
Elliott graduated from the Little Tigers class in taekwondo!! He is now in the white belt class, and will soon test into his yellow belt.




Elliott has a classmate named Carter that he just met. Turns out Carter lives basically across the street!! They are peas in a pod. They were awfully quiet, so I peeked around the corner, and this is what I saw: tv-watching fort.
One more weekend of fun before we go: Community Appreciation Day at Mountain Home Air Force Base. Again, Archie and I stayed home because the air show would just have been too loud. Again, a total bummer, I love the air show, and I would have loved to see the kids' reactions to all the cool stuff. Luckily, Mike took a lot of beautiful pictures, and you can see the fun on their faces.






Some things not pictured were Elliott and Lucy BOTH got students of the week in their classes for being responsible, Archie is finally outgrowing some of his 0-3 month old clothes, I volunteered in Elliott's class for the first time, and I won Johnson's Family Biggest Loser! Fun Times!!
One more week to go in September, we still have Lucy's birthday, my 5k, Carter's Birthday party, Lucy and my first activity day together, and much, much more! Bring it on September!

2 comments:

LUND said...

At first glance I thought that Archie was sitting in his high chair with a huge bunch of brocolli. These have been some action packed days. Fun! Fun! Thank you for sharing.
Grama Karen

Johnson Family said...

you guys have done some AMAZING things lately!!!!! I don't know if I could go to an airshow after the whole Reno crash. But, how fun. And Bonnie, could you look any skinnier?!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! Your awesome! And a 5k? wow!~ I am celebrating by being in a softball tournament on Saturday. Wahoo!!!
love you all!!