We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Like My Birthday's, Every One...


"...Each brings a greater joy to me, but I can't wait until I'm 8, for then I'll be baptized you see!"

Lucy is 8 years old!!
I felt guilty because I had a 5k race on her birthday morning, so I surprised her by decorating our dining room the night before her birthday.
Her birthday was on a Saturday this year, so the day before, she took the day off school, and we had a special breakfast of pancake balls, got a much-awaited pedicure, went out to the "miso soup place" for sushi and soup, and went shopping for her birthday cake and pinata.
Lucy and Archie at the nail salon. Archie is showing off his nails, all natural baby!
Her chair had butterfly wings and a little DVD player....so cute.
Mine had a massage chair and an amazing massaging lady!
The results.
While shopping for a pinata, Elliott wanted me to buy him these glasses. I didn't. But I also didn't miss the photo opportunity, hee hee.
We decided to do Lucy's party at the taekwondo school, like we did Elliott's last year. It was so fun! I love it because all we have to do is bring the pinata and cake, and they do the rest.

Lucy got to wear a black belt for the occasion.
All the guests got to break boards. Here's Rowan,
and Lilly,
And Elliott.
They also get to attack the pinata:



When the kids can't do it, the adults get to try!!

Into the party room for cake and pizza!
Cutting the cake with a Samurai sword.
You have to click on this picture and see it bigger so you can see the smile on her face...She can't help but smile as big as she can: she loves the attention. It isn't often you see her so unguarded and just pure happy! This is the best. face. ever.

We got her a GIANT new bike that we weren't sure she was going to fit. Silly us, she's amazing; look at her go!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

ok.... bonnie, you punching that fish is AWESOME look at the muscle definition in your legs!! WOW!!! Lucy's huge smile is AWESOME!! and the last pic of the kids at the table is awesome becuase of the face at the end of it! :)

LUND said...

What a day! The pictures say it all! Happy Birthday, dear Lucy.
Love,
Grama and Papa
PS - I am with Ruth. Muscles!

Johnson Family said...

oh man!!! That was such an awesome post!!! Lucy, you are such a beautiful, talented 8-year-old and we love you soooo much!!
I loved all those pictures!! Lucy is in HEAVEN!
And the adults fighting that evil pinata is priceless!!!
Love, Aunt Christa