We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's Play Catch-up!!

Mike's birthday, I haven't forgotten, just gotten sidetracked is all! It was a wonderful birthday! He REALLY wanted an ipad, but he told me not to get him one because they are too expensive...that's when my brain started working...I had to get that for him! He makes the money, he works hard, he deserves to have some fun stuff. So, here is how it went down:

I was lying in bed one night and realized we had about $200 dollars sitting in our "Disneyland Jar"--our savings for a trip to disneyland. Knowing that it would take 10 of those jars, and 10 more years, I decided to ask the kids if we could use that money. Then, I got Mike's parents, my parents, and Jason and Kristine to go in on his gift with me, and we got that ipad for more than 1/2 off! It was a deal so good that even Mike would have to approve of the new price. The kids were SOOOOO excited, and so was I, so we had to come up with a fun way to give it to him. Here's how it went.

I bought 3 boxes of Mike n' Ike candies. Each was wrapped, and Mike opened them, sending him on a mini-scavenger hunt for his present. It was fun for me, because my family did these every once in a while, and I loved them. Later that night, Mike told me it was his first scavenger hunt for a present, and he was very happy.

I gave him this one:

Then his mom gave him:
Then Kristine gave him:
These are coordinates for our garden in the backyard. He got to use his GPS and geocache for his present!! (Aren't I terribly clever!)
Lucy could hardly contain herself because she knew what was coming. The kids did so good, they kept the secret for like 3 days!
Uncle Kimo made Mike a custom geo-caching container. He was as excited about that as he was about the ipad!




Inside the container, it had a note that told him to check the Disneyland Jar, and that's where he found his gift.


Here is my handsome, one-year-older husband! He gets better looking ever year, yes?
You can't have him ladies...he's all mine!
Love you Mikey! Hope you have another great year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Love LOVE this post! The pictures are great and its SO fun! Best birthday ever!

Unknown said...

PS that last comment was me. :)

Heather 'Awesome' Wilson

LUND said...

Almost like being one of the people following Mike and laughing and have fun. Amazing presents!
Mom Karen

Jeremy and Ruth said...

this is seriously AWESOME!! You are soo sweet and clever!! MOVE HERE!!!!!

P.S. tell kimo he is a MASTER!! What a cool present too!!