We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, December 4, 2011

How I Know it's Christmas Time

When I was a little girl, Christmas didn't officially start until I had slept under the light of the Christmas tree with my siblings. We would set up our blankets and sleeping bags, and spend the night in the living room with the biggest and most wonderful night light of all.
The decorations were fun, and the goodies were yummy, but I didn't get that giddy feeling of anticipation in my tummy until I snuggled in with the pale, multicolored lights of the tree for the night.
That is the memory that brings back the excitement of Christmas. I wanted my kids to have that memory, so last night, they camped out under the tree ALL NIGHT!
I was especially surprised Elliott was up for it, but I guess if you get them tired enough, they will sleep anywhere.
After about an hour, I snuck downstairs and took a few pictures.....sigh...I love being a mom at Christmas!



PS, here is a bonus picture of Habi and Archie watching the BSU football game.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Every night this week I have sat in the living room with the lights off and the christmas tree lights on. I LOVE that feeling! :) Beautiful!! What a cute family you have!
P.S. Archy's outfit is super cute in the BSU game picture!

LUND said...

It is evident that you "love being a mom." Lucky kids are yours.
Love, Mom