We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Monday, December 5, 2011

Picture Fun

Not much has been going on at our house these last two days, but I have been playing around a bit with my photo editing software. Ok,it's just the photo editor that comes with Mac, but I still think it's fun. I love this picture of Archie because it looks like a cartoon character! The angle is just right, so it looks like I've manipulated the size and shape of his head, but I haven't, that's all Archie! But, I did make it look like a drawing, and I think it's pretty cool!

This is our "wee bonnie bairn" that Pappa and Gramma got us on their trip to Scotland 6 years ago. Elliott wore it first, and now it's Archie's turn.
Mike took Elliott to the high school basketball game, and they stayed through one and a half games! Elliott is his father's son, he is now totally devoted to all things sports. He'll sit with Mike and watch any sport they can find on tv: soccer, hockey, basketball, baseball, football. He asks Mike questions constantly, and Mike, being the all-knowing sport fan that he is, answers all his questions with a big, proud-daddy smile on his face. I love that they are bonding over sports.
And now, a story: Today Elliott was having a tantrum moment and was inconsolable. When I finally got him to calm down enough to talk, he asked if there were any sports on tv, then he watched some basketball and football and calmed right down. His dad couldn't be more proud, and I'm happy to have a secret weapon to combat his bad moods!
More editing fun. I think Elliott looks like some Norman Rockwell painting of a dirty little-boy face. I swear I've seen it somewhere!


1 comment:

LUND said...

The picture editing looks so fun. Archie does look like a cartoon. I am happy to see him in the Scotish souvenier shirt. He is a bonnie boy.
Love you so.
Mom and Dad