We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Family Reunion: Day 3

Monday, the third day, was lots of fun. There were still a few lingering relatives from Sunday, so we got to spend time with them a little bit and take some fun outings. There is a picture of Lucy jumping with her cousin, Amanda. Lucy loves her so much, she still tears up (in the true, forced, dramatic Johnson style) when she talks about her. Elliott loved the swingset, and I was able to snap a few pictures of him twisting in the swing.











I was soooo excited to find out that Laura Ingalls was born near Plainview, and my father-in-law, Larry, was good enough to agree to take me to see her home town! On our way to Pepin, Wisconsin, we stopped by the neatest toy shop EVER! It has a great carousel, which you will see pictures of, homemade toys, every other kind of toy you can think of (I got Heather Jareth and Hoggle figurines from the movie Labyrinth!), and ice cream, which you will also see pictures of in the form of the chocolate pencil mustache Elliott is sporting. I love his expression in that picture too. He was so excited that his famous mustache was now visible to the rest of the world. Gotta love Rowan, Lucy and Elliott in the cut-out! There is also a picture of Lucy in the Laura cut-out.















These last two need a little background information. The first is me standing in front of a giant buffalo. On my parents'mission to North Dakota, they took hundreds of pictures of the strange oversized statues around the state. I had to let them know North Dakota isn't the only state with Big, Weird animal statues.

The next is Elliot stretching in the hotel. I think he sees his mom doing this enough to relieve her back pain, that he just caught on. Every once in a while he will just stop and stretch...funny kid.

4 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Great snap shots! You, with Larry's help, got to live the dream of so many little girls. Lucy looks very authentic. Memories! Memories.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I love the giant buffalo! and Elliott stretching and you talking about Lucy force crying (I can totally picture it, even without a picture!)! HHAHAHAH I love it!!

Johnson Family said...

it looks like you had a great time and even got to see an amazing place from your reading world. Keep up the blogs, I am loving seeing your vacation through pictures.

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

I am sorry to tell you but you are NOT standing infront of a big buffalo -- it is a COW !!!
But it is big and the pictures are beautiful. So are the people.
Thanks for sharing.