We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day Musings

I had a great mother's day! My mom and dad were up to meet Archie...best gift ever! Pictures to follow by the way, then Lucy and elliott made me great crafts at school,





and mike got me a gift certificate for a pedicure, manicure and massage, and Lucy wrote me a song:





Claps and everything, it was very sweet.

I was just thinking today (on the Sunday after mother's day), how blessed I am to have my children and to be a mother. I was preparing a series if blog posts about my lovely kids, all ready to gush about the joys of motherhood. Then I went to church, Mike was at work, and the true tests of motherhood began. I failed them by the way, miserably! Lucy was on a very unpleasant button-pushing-limit-testing spree, and I was not handling it very well. Just when i think I have this mothering thing down, Heavenly Father decides to humble me and show me how much I have to learn. Here is what I learned amid nasty mother-looks and threats of "big trouble", all while trying to stay quiet, reverent and feel the Spirit at church. I told you I failed. Anyway, I learned that I am a child in many ways. I am learning how to do things too. Just like Lucy, no matter how many times I make a mistake or a bad choice, I find myself doing it again! And, like Lucy, I don't take responsibility for the consequences that follow my actions! Lucy didn't listen= sent to her room for the rest of the night. My fault? Nope. I lost my temper=I didn't feel the Spirit. Was it lucy's fault? Nope. It was mine. Lesson learned ( for now at least!) anyway, thanks for letting me talk. Hopefully if I write it down it will sink in better and I might just remember this time.

Like I said, Lucy was sent to her room for the night, and, amid a few tantrums and tears, she had some fun. Elliott felt bad for her so he joined her up there for a tea party. Then she discovered some long forgotten about toys and got creative. My favorite creations follow:

Clay Lady by Lucy



Clay Man by Elliott ( it is very turtle-like, no?)





And, just to poor on the guilt, a little gift for me.





Needless to say we all learned some lessons yesterday and I am even more glad to be a mother!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Love to you and to Mike and to the budding sculptors. You are doing a great job!
Mom

Jeremy and Ruth said...

what cute sculptures! I guess being in trouble brings out the creativity in people! How amazing to find blessings in times of trouble.... come live here so we can learn some together! :)