We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day Musings Part 2

My next adventure into motherhood came in October of 2005 when Elliott joined our little family. He was my little 9 pound 1 ounce wonder. I loved my little white boy! He was pink, blonde-haired and chubby-cheeked. He was a great eater and amazing sleeper; still is by the way. He voluntarily went upstairs to nap, he put himself to bed. But, when he didn't want to sleep, look out! He once cried so long that he was hoarse the next day. He is still the same way. When he wants something, he can wait patiently for hours, and when he doesn't want something, 3 seconds is too long. He is a persistent little guy. He is so loving, always hugging and saying spontaneous, "I Love you's". He is a safety patroler and a rule enforcer. He keeps us all on our toes. Here are some pictures of our little white-haired cherub.

This is an example of Elliott's "mushroom hair". My favorite look, but the bane of Mike's existence. He disliked it almost as much as he hated the Tinky Winky Teletubby costume I had Elliott wear one year for Halloween.

Just a super cute picture. He still has a very unique and individual fashion sense. Right now, layering is the thing: long-sleeved church shirts under t-shirts are his favorite.

A slushy from a snow shack and a WHITE mushroom haircut. Perfect.

This is moments after he took the scissors straight down the middle to his scalp. Goodbye forever mushroom hair. Mike didn't shed any tears that day.

He looked like Charlie Brown to us. We had our Lucy, and now our Charlie.

Just chilling with his Daddy.
He is just so WHITE!! I love it!

This picture you can see a bit of Elliott in that chubby little face. What a cutie!

Stay tuned for my third update on motherhood!!

2 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Great pictures of Elliott. You have beautiful children.
Mom

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Elliott really does look like Elliott. And I must agree with Mike -- I am not a fan of the mushroom hair experience.

Love Him and YOU all muchly.

DAD