We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On the Road Again




Today I started the Couch to 5k program. I have to say that it's a bit depressing to be starting on the couch when I was racing a 5k this time last year. I can't decide if it's comforting or discouraging to think that it is actually Operating Table to 5k, or Pregnancy to 5k, while pushing a jogging stroller!! Anyway, it's hard and I am starting from scratch. I've done this before, I can do it again. Please pray for me, encourage me, send me good vibes, I'll need all the help I can get!

I have a cool app to help me though, that's always fun.


The program gets you ready for a 5k in 9 weeks. I'm a bit more tentative. My goal is to run a 5k by September. After all, it is pregnancy to 5k for me. I'll find a race to run in September and get in it! I have another, longer-term goal; last year I raced against Coach Pete, next year, I'll BEAT Coach Pete. There, it's in writing, now I'm accountable, I HAVE to do it!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Wilson Winners said...

Go Bonnie! You can do it! As a side note... We missed you at the BBQ yesterday. It was awesome, you would have had a blast!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Good luck, Bonnie. Take care of yourself.
Love,
Mom

Amanda said...

you is crazy! good luck and you can do it!

Jeremy and Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Be wise, what can I say more.
But have fun, have a success everyday... so built you castles in the air -- just take the time needed to put the foundation under it.

YOU CAN DO THIS. I can cheer.

DAD