We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here comes August

Every year our neighborhood has a celebration at the park for National Night Out. It is fun because the kids get to meet police officers and fire fighters. Usually, I face paint at the party, but nobody officially asked me, so I took the night off! The firefighters showed up 15 minutes after the party ended, but since I live right next to the park, we were still able to catch them! No firehose this year...they were on duty, but still lots of fun.

Awe, it looks like they love each other!

Lucy sitting pretty.

I think Elliott is driving somewhere exciting. He is a fire fighter in spirit already.

I love this because I had just given Lucy the "girls can be firefighters too talk", and here she is! YAY!
Elliott calls police officers, Ambulance drivers, paramedics, and fire fighters super heroes. He was very excited to meet some.

4 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Karver is napping now, but when he wakes up he will be very excited to see that his buddy Elliott and cousing lucy got to see a FIRE TRUCK!!
p.s. I think paramedics are super hero's too! :) and SUPER HOTT! :)

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Elliott has the right idea what a true hero is. I agree!
Grama

Johnson Family said...

Aren't they all super heroes???? I truly believe that too!!
I loved seeing the kids in the pictures and Will was very jealous. You live on a great street!!

Wilson Winners said...

Too Cute! I love that Lucy was able to see a female fire fighter, its so great for her to know that she truly can be ANYTHING!

Love it!

Heather