We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home again

Yay Lucy!! I missed you and am glad to come home to you. She has had many dramatic breakdowns since my return, but I am even grateful for those I missed her so much!! Last night, she was hanging out in my room and she played dressup in my clothes!! You might not think it's a big deal, but she has never done that before and I loved it. I need to buy better clothes so she can play super-fancy dressup! Everyone needs a feather boa and fake pearls for their daughter to dress up in, right?





So cute.





Here she is watching her new pet. Dad caught her a praying mantis while I was gone; cage and everything. This would not have happened if I was home, I promise you. This is especially interesting because the most scared i have ever seen her is when she saw a mantis when she was 2. She came running in the house hysterical because she had seen a bug with a scary triangle head. "Don't like it head!"
Dad bought crickets for it, but it doesn't like them. Me either.





He caught a grasshopper from the backyard, and the mantis jumped right on it. Gross. Not my favorite pet ever, but Lucy likes it. What a gal.

P.S. I love how you can see the old family picture through the cage and Kimball's face is so appalled by the whole thing!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

A praying mantis? One of my dorm sisters had one in college and she fed it bits of hamburger.
The young Kimball does seem to be shocked! Nice background, though.
Love,
Mom

Jeremy and Ruth said...

GOOD JOB LUCY!! I'm so proud of her that she is not scared! AWESOME!! I think praying mantis are AWESOME!! Also...hahhahaha.. love the pic of the johnson family admiring the mantis!! Very cool!!

Johnson Family said...

so super cute!!! And the Kimball comment was HYSTERICAL!! Morgan and I are sitting here chuckling at the family picture!!!
She is wayyyy too brave!!!!!
p.s.s can we stay at your house in October for a couple of days? I forgot to ask you......... (I'm really formal, can't you tell?)
Love ya guys,
Christa