We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Little Lucy

LUCY KHUMSU HYNES


I've decided to do something different to document this camping trip. I was looking through the pictures and I just couldn't help LOVING my kids so much! So, I am going to tell you all about my little Lucy while I tell you about the trip. Here goes!

This picture was taken during one of our after-dark glow necklace fiestas! It is a tradition the Wilsons shared with us and we love doing it. She looks way too old in this picture...I think it is the earrings. No ear piercings...EVER!

From the beginning of her life, Mikey has always loved the color of Lucy's eyes: he calls them "root beer barrel eyes". Ever since she was little, I have told her a story I made up about the girl with the root beer eyes and root beer hair; I think she ends up saving the world or meeting her prince or something! She loves it, and I do it in hopes that she will not covet any other eye color, but know that hers is beautiful and special. Look at those eyes...c'mon! They're gorgeous!
This is on the way to camping. She is too cool for me lately, and hence this look on her face. She CAN'T BELIEVE I am taking another picture.

I love that she can't keep a straight angry face though. All you have to do is make eye contact with her and smile, and she breaks into a grin every time. Such a sweetie.

We made friendship bracelets while we were camping. I think it was my sister Emily's idea, and we all loved it! This is Lucy's first bracelet. Joy and Heather taught her and she just pushed right along.
Notice who taught her how to make the bracelet. Lucy and I are SOOOOO much alike that sometimes information coming from me is deemed irritating to her. Thanks Auntie Heather and Cousin Joy for stepping in!

Here is her finished product and her proud grin.

She didn't stop until she was done. Very persistent and independent. It was a beauty too. It is still on her wrist weeks later and shows no sign of coming off any time soon.

Ahh, the geo-caching incident. Mikey and Kimo laid a night cache near our camp site. We were all walking there to help them set it up. Good thing to know about Lucy...3 days with little sleep and maximum stimulation makes for a breakdown. Here she is when I told her we had to hang back and take a nap instead of join them on their little adventure.

She is a Johnson like her Mom and doesn't like to miss anything. She DID eventually take that nap, but in the meantime, amid a meltdown that may have registered on the Rictor Scale, I'm pretty sure we affirmed Uncle Jason's decision to have no kids. But, she was an angel after her nap. Sleep is a good thing, I'm telling you!


Posing for me by Uncle Kimo's canoe.

I don't know what to say about this one other than it is Lucy: the pose, the Wellie boots, the expression, everything. Love her.

She started skipping rocks on this trip. The lake is just down the hill from our camp (a very steep and dusty hill, but not too big).

Lucy loves her dad. He is the rock-skipping man, and it is something they can do together. She and Lilly spent most of their time by the lake catching frogs, imagining, or racing (photos to come later).

Here she is contemplating the beauty of the lake.

I just wanted to throw that one in there to show you all what you're missing! LOVELY HERE!

Here is that race.

I love the look of determination on their faces! I'm just happy they still think exercising is playing! When do we grow out of that? Bummer that we do.

That's camping as seen through the life of Lucy. I love my Lucy; my little angel-girl. She is passionate, dramatic, considerate, sensitive, imaginative, rule-abiding and rule-enforcing, loud, kind, and everything that she should be. She is perfect the way she is because that is how Heavenly Father made her, and that is just how I like her.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

What a clever way to tell about your camping trip with the many-facets-of-Lucy approach. Fun pictures and sweet sentiment.
Thank you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love Lucy TOO! She is such an amazing and strong woman! What a cute idea, how special for her. You should print it and put it in her journal! I would have loved something like this, I know she will treasure it!

Luvs~

Heather

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Grandparents aren't left out when we have such a diligent camper and photographer and story teller. It almost makes me want to go camping..then, thinks I, there are bugs, no beds, no Vernors, No McDonalds and lots of flying biting,crawling, buzzing, scratching, growling,watching, smelling, and even eating things out there I don't really like. I will stick with and love the photos and stories. Hugs will come when we meet again.
DAD

Bonnie Hynes said...

Oh there can be Vernors dad, we can totally make that happen. Not much biting this time either, unless you made the Wilsons mad! Love to have you come!