We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

FINALLY, Elliott's first day of school

It finally came! This morning, I heard Elliott's alarm clock going off while I was laying in bed with Mike (I had already gotten up, turned off my alarm clock, and crawled back into bed). Elliott came calmly into the room and said, "finally, it's my first day of school." I had forgotten, but he never would...he's been planning this for a long time. But, before he could head off to preschool, he had to take Lucy to the bus stop, exercise with me, wait for me to shower, watch the repair man replace my windshield, eat lunch, THEN, at 12:15pm on Wednesday, the 15th of September, Elliott He Chol Hynes got to go to preschool! It is called Friendship Celebration Academy, it is a Lutheran Church preschool that some friends recommended, and it looks like it's going to be great!

Here is his FIRST, first day of school picture. He's got Superman backpack with a cape included; he's ready for anything!

He said he was a little bit nervous and a lot excited. He was nervous about his chair and the snacks, and excited about new friends.

He was so excited, he was even high-stepping (ok, he's just showing you his new school shoes).

Here he is outside his classroom!!

His very own cubby with his very own name.

After school he was so proud of his first crafts...a sun and moon. He got to cut them all by himself, which he doesn't get to do at home very often! He was so excited that he got to line up for recess! He asked if Lucy gets to line up at her school, and I said I'm pretty sure she lines up a lot! He loved it, and that makes us very happy.

Here are some old pictures from my iphone.

Eating their last snow cone treat of the summer on a step stool behind the little shack.

The annual Mountain Home Air Force Appreciation Day parade...or, as we know it....CANDY FEST!! This is how we get our Halloween candy every year. This is Rowan (on the left), Lucy (the really short looking Korean lady in the wool dress and sun-hat...too funny), and Elliott ( who was very serious about the whole candy-grabbing thing).

Elliott's watermelon. I don't even know how to pick a ripe watermelon at the store, so picking one out of my garden is proving to be quite a challenge. This one looked great on the outside...it was hideous, disgusting, yellow, not ready on the inside. Oh well, look how proud Elliott is...he didn't care!

5 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AND UP AND READY 6 HOURS EARLY. He had quite a wait and so did you. He looked READY and eager. Anxious to hear how it went. Picture are wonderful and capture the smiling excitement and gleefull anticipation of this great day -- which will last nearly 20 years before he is over his school.
DAD

Jeremy and Ruth said...

OH NO!! how is Elliott ever going to have time to go to that school and his spider man preschool?? I hope he figures that out! :) You have some cute kids for sure!!

Johnson Family said...

wow!! I can't believe that Elliot is off to school! he looks soooo old in his new shoes and backpack!! super cute and I just love, love, love, love him.
I also love the little Korean girl you found! he he he Adorable!
And who cares what the watermelon tastes like, it looks amazing!!!
Love you soooo much!
Christa

Wilson Winners said...

Ok that high stepping comment... comedic GOLD! I laughed out loud, literally! So funny and fun for Elliott!

kisha said...

He's a cutie Bonnie! Gotta love how excited they are to start school!