We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lucy's Big Day

Happy Birthday Lucy! She is seven today, and I am freaking out! Why does 7 seem so much older than 6? It just seems so much not-little-kid any more! We opened the family presents in the morning, after eating the breakfast of her choice: crepes (actually German pancakes, but I won't tell) with berries and syrup. All she wanted for her birthday was an electric scooter, and I don't ever have a picture of the main event! I took video, but no picture. Oh well, we will surely get pictures in the weeks to come. She got an electric scooter like her cousin Rowan. She loves it, but I think Elliott just might love it more! Here are some moments from her birthday bliss:

Elliott picked out her present all on his own. We walked into the store and he ran up to the display and chose the perfect gift.

Lucy loves movies and Tinkerbell, and coloring activities...a perfect gift. He was very excited to give it to her too; what a sweetie.

At school, Lucy passed out Cheetos bags and Juice boxes. She loved the attention and gratitude from her friends!
Here is the birthday girl with her bag of loot!

Because in first grade, the kids turn 7, they get to play "heads up seven-up" for their birthdays.

Here is Lucy at the head of the class.

And onto the party. Due to morning sickness that lasts all day, the extravagent tea party/American girl doll party we had planned was replaced with pizza and a pinata. Lucy had no complaints; a very gracious birthday girl.

I love the look of excitement on the kids faces with each pull. I think the anticipation is as fun as the candy itself.
Lucy gets smart and selects a string from the middle of the bunch to pull...will it work?

JACKPOT!!!
The Wilson family got Lucy a lovely Steelers shirt. She is very happy to be advertising her Dad's favorite team.

Here she is proudly showing her Dad the awesome shirt.


Lucy has been waiting for this hat and scarf from her Harmony for years, literally! She was very happy to get them for her birthday this year.

Wearing her scarf and counting her loot. Aunt Emily and Uncle Jason, and Gramma and Pappa each gave her $10, now she has enough money to buy her American Girl doll hair curling kit! Thanks guys!
She is very serious about counting her money.

And the birthday cake. This was probably the hardest thing of all for me. I love to make cakes! But, I just couldn't do it this year, being so sick, so a Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Truffle cake had to do. Funny enough, no one complained! In case you can't tell in this picture, the cake is about 18 feet tall!

She is making her wish....you can see the hope in her eyes...I love the innocence, I'm glad it isn't gone by 7 years old. I hope we see this look again at her 8 year old party.

And there she goes....it's all up to the magic now.

The kids ate their cake and icecream in the sunshine on the trampoline. No major disasters either, quite an accomplishment, I think.

Happy Birthday Lucy! We love you.

5 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Thank you for posting about Lucy's birthday. It sounds like is was perfect for her. We love you all.
Papa and Grama

Shari said...

That is one amazing looking birthday cake!! I miss having a Cheesecake Factory nearby.

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! She looks adorable in that maroon dress! I want that cake!

Johnson Family said...

I can't believe that she is actually 7!!! And you can literally "see" the magic in her eyes as she blows out the candles!!! How simply precious!
We love you guys and hope to see you very soon!
Love,
Christa

brook said...

I didn't really know that you kept a blog, but I also had no idea that Mike was a Steelers fan! If ever you need Steelers ANYTHING, let me know. I happen to live in Steelers Country. -your cousin, Brook