We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Last Days of Summer and the First Day of School

Before I get to the crazy reality of Lucy being in first grade now, I figured I'd linger on her last summer as a kindergarten girl! Exactly one week before school started...the day after getting home from our Pocatello trip, we went to the fair. It was gorgeous 70 degree weather, a nice change from the usual 100 degrees, and we stayed for about 6 hours!! That adds up to WAY too much fair food, just so you know. Here are some pictures from our last stand of summer.


Lucy loves the flying swings...just like he mamma!

The kids' faces here tell enough of a story.

Not much of a pony ride...nothing compared to Minnesota!...but we take what we can get.

The kids do actually look forward to these pony rides. Wait, maybe it's just Mike and I, I really don't know.

These are the only flying swings Elliott was willing to try, but he DID like them!

There are pluses to mowing the lawn with Dad...look what you can find!

Ok, I guess I must face it and so must you...Lucy started first grade. Geesh, I don't like it one bit. She leaves me at 8:30 in the morning, and comes bouncing back at 4:00 in the afternoon. Then dinner, tae kwon do, and bed! Not cool.

While I was taking Lucy's first day of school photos, Elliott was feeling left out, so here is his "Lucy's first day of school" picture.

She doesn't look excited at all, right?

Bust stop Busco! I like the bus stop, because it is mommy conversation time. I don't like the bus stop because I have to say goodbye to Lucy.

Back home!!!
I think she had a great day, don't you. She likes her teacher, Ms. Unger, and her best friend, Mckayla is in her class. She said her favorite thing about the first day of school was learning. She was exhausted, but she loved it!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I CANNOT believe that Lucy can be this old... or this wise!!!! Man, 1st grade is the "real deal"!!!!
We are ready for your visit ANYTIME!!!!!! But, probably you will be sick for a little while... so wait until that passes, or it won't be too much fun!! And we are all about the FUN, come and have some FUN here!!!!
But, until that, we will just love you from afar!!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Wow! Lucy does look old in these pictures. Time flies by!