We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby fun!!


We are home now and life is beginning for the Hynes family of 5. I can't say it's back to normal, there will never be a normal again! Before we get to home, there are a few more pictures from the hospital I wanted to share with you. I think Archie is the cutest little man ever in this world, so most of them are of him. Don't lie, you know that's all you really care about seeing anyway! Hee Hee. When I was in that hospital room all alone with him, I would just look at him. I never turned on the TV, I didn't read any books, I just spent time with him....it was perfect. I wish I could just spend his whole life like this. I want to soak him in and be there for every minute. I am so glad that I have this blog to help me remember his life and all the little things I would forget otherwise. I can't wait to get to heaven and remember perfectly all the beautiful things that happened in Lucy and Elliott's lives, because I didn't have the blog then! From now on, they will all have documented lives; I am so glad it helps me be present and grateful for all the beautiful people in my life! YAY! Ok, blog cheer is over, here come the pictures!

Just a hospital moment that I wanted captured forever, so I took a picture! His little right hand is always up like this...that must have been what was punching me in the pelvis for the last few months...what a right hook this kid has!

Another hospital bed moment. The sun was coming through the window and I was having fun playing with the manual settings on my camera, I like the effect.

He has quite a frowny face; it breaks my heart every time!
During this blissful moment I noticed how funny his little, purple, wrinkly feet are! I had to take some pictures of those. The bandages are from the incessant blood taking that first night because his blood sugar was a little low: they had to check it every hour and feed him formula from a bottle so I didn't see him from 10pm to 10am. I had to beg for my baby in the morning!
It is always so fun to see Had Abogi holding babies because his hands are so big that they always make the babies seem even smaller! It is also fun because he is such a softie....he loves holding babies.
The proud Daddy. What a cute little bundle he is holding!
Archie's thoughtful moment. If one hand is always by his ear, the other is never far behind. Right now it's at his chin. It's his tribute to his Uncle Warren; he's doing "The Thinker".
Here is his car ride home! First time in non-hospital issued apparel, and first time in the carseat. I wish you could see how tiny he looks in the giant carseat, it's pretty cute.

Ok, enough of the cuteness, time for a gross-out shot! I am a huge, swollen balloon when I am pregnant, this is no secret. But, what happened this time is most unusual for me! Usually, when I am in the hospital, my feet return to normal and I am aghast at the sickly, frail look of my ankles and feet when they are back to normal. Not so with this pregnancy! For some reason, my swelling decided to set in AFTER leaving the hospital. So now, I am walking around without the cute pregnant belly, but WITH the giant swollen hands, feet and face. Real cute. Here is what I am living with!
This is actually a very flattering picture...it is much grosser in real life. There you have it. An Archie/swelling update from the Hynes family. I will try to post more as it happens, but not much is happening so there will probably just be more adorable pictures of my kids! You'll love it!

5 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

You have taken some great pictures. Archie looks so cute, tiny and peaceful. These pictures will be treasured.
That is very interesting about your swelling. Hmmmm?
Love,
Mom

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Hope you have a Doctor look into this swelling. It seems like a good idea. What a Blessed Baby Boy -- (that is B to the 3rd power).
We are resting and working here. What great Baby Pictures and Great family pictures with Grandpa and Dad and the Baby.
Bless you and your Family. You are a Temple Blessed Family.
DAD

Ian said...

I know you were debating about who Archie looked more like, but as an unbiased cousin I really think he looks like Elliot!!
The swollen ankles are just to prove to yourself and others that you are still supposed to be taking it easy---as much as you can with three kids!
CONGRATS!

Johnson Family said...

I am loving all the artistic angles on all the pictures!! Very beautiful and angelic!!
Keep up that blog, because I know I thrive off of it here. I check it all the time. (I sit on the couch a lot lately.. hehehe)
Love your beautiful family and even your ankles because they mean Archie is here safe with your family!
Love ya,
Christa

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!! I know I already said this but, CUTEST BABY!!! :) You should look into doing newborn photography, seriously they ROCK!!