We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter, Storms and Honey-Do's


Happy Easter everybody!!!

After our early fishing fun on Thursday, we got together with the Wilsons and Emily and Jason for some egg dying, egg hunting and Easter brunch on Saturday.

Can you find Kimo in this picture? hee hee



We only got videos of the hunt on Saturday...sorry.

On Sunday, we went to Harmony and Had Abogi's house for a lunch and ANOTHER Easter Egg hunt. The kids raked in the goodies this year with all the hunting and fishing going on (no bunnies of fish were injured in the course of our adventures of course!).

Lucy is the gate-keeper...no early starts for Elliott this year.







The weather this spring has been the wettest EVER for my time in Boise. One night, we had a BEAUTIFUL, albeit tiny compared to Arizona's monsoons, thunder storm that left the sunset sky just gorgeous! I looked out the front window at my favorite tree and saw this image....I had to get a picture.


On my husband's break, he has decided to get some things done around the house that he has been wanting to do for a while. He has repaired the kids dirt bikes, fixed the rollerblade-shaped hole in our wall, and installed a double gate in our fence so we can park our camper in the backyard. Thanks Larry and Jason for all your help! Now that his odd jobs are done, maybe he is ready to start on MY list!!

I love the kids working on their own project in the foreground.

There's our last week. I'm almost caught up!
Here is a little Archie update: His chord fell off; he is just starting to cry real tears, usually during his baths which he hates; his rash is gone!; he and I and Lucy took our first outing without Mikey to Target this afternoon; he interrupts my shoulder-hold snuggling moments with his snorting (which I don't mind at all); he always fills up his diaper just moments after I change it; he has an uncanny knack for peeing everywhere BUT his diaper while wearing his diaper....it really is amazing; he has a double cowlick on the back of his head that gives him the ever-fashionable faux-hawk without even trying; he gave his first vocal coo to Elliott and Elliott was so excited he talked to him first!; he smiled at Lucy (sort-of), and she loved it; he sleeps about 4 hours at a time at night, and last night he slept 5 1/2!!; he is a champion sleeper that I still have to forcefully coax awake for EVERY day feeding. There, that's my little guy in a nutshell right now!



2 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

What a fun Easter with family and eggs and fish. We may want Mike to spend a weekend here as in our new house we want to put in a gate.
We are hoping to see you Saturday May 7th in Meridian. MOTHER'S DAY.

Appropriate to visit on that day.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

WHat a BEAUTIFUL picture of the tree!! I'm glad Mikey is getting TONS done! And I miss my little ARCHER!! He is sooo CUTE!!! I MISS HIM and MISS YOU TOO!!!!