We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Our Baby Story Begins!

We did it!! This morning, we woke up, got Lucy off to school, went to the cannery to pick up frozen berries, prepped chicken for dinner and went for a walk. It was going to be like any other day. On my walk, I contracted a lot, but that was nothing new, my contractions and I are old pals by now. When I got home, they didn't let up, so i decided to try a test my doctor told me about 3 weeks ago when my contractions were fierce: lay for 2 hours with my feet up and see if they improve. Elliott played with a friend in the tv room while I propped up in the living room. They didn't subside, and it looked like I might have a slow water leak so I called the doctor. They said come in to make sure my water hadn't broken. Yoon came to watch the kids, Mike came to take me to the hospital, and at 3:30pm, we were off! I kept thinking, what a day to have a baby!! It was a perfect spring day as seen in the photos of the tulips at the hospital.


Once we were admitted to labor and delivery, they hooked me up to monitors so Mike could SEE my contractions and know I wasn't faking--hee hee-- and we waited to see if water pooled.

Here I am waiting....



No water breakage after all, and my cervix was a no-go. I was surely going to be sent back home, but they wanted to lay me on my side and watch the contractions lessen...THEN I could go home. We were so sure I was going home, that Mike was making craigslist plans for our drive home. Needless to say, the contractions got worse (crazy stubborn cervix wasn't cooperating...maybe that's why I don't progress?) and they called the on-call doc to see what he wanted to do. I went to the bathroom. When I come back, they're handing Mike scrubs and telling me to hurry and get prepped....WHAT?!?! It seems my contractions, coupled with the closed cervix create a perfect situation for scar bursting--fun times! It turns out my doctor had a late meeting so he would even be performing the surgery--yippee!!


Once they told me it was happening, I just started shaking; like freezing in the snowy tundra shaking! I didn't stop until the c-section was underway. I was scared this time; really nervous about the surgery. It all went well though, and we got a teeny, healthy, little white boy with no name. He is 6.08lbs, 19 1/2 inches, big feet, more hair than our other two, and very sweet. At times he looks just like Elliott, and at others, just like Lucy.



Lucky Dad gets to hold the baby all he wants while I'm put back together; I was so jealous! Here he is holding and texting the good news to the world.






I'm sorry Lucy, I was supposed to show you how to braid hair after school, but then this cute little guy happened:


Elliott was very worried about the doctors cutting me, but we had a little talk about it and hopefully he understands a bit more now! They were both so excited, and so was I. He is a very sweet little guy.







Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone





2 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Quote from Les Mis: "A Another Story now begins......"

Loved the detailed story and pictures. What a world !!!

DAD

Johnson Family said...

another story on it's way....how exciting and breathtaking are the pictures?!!!!!! We are sooo excited to welcome a new cousin into the clan!!!! We hope you feel good, and everything goes well. We think and pray about you often and know that this little man is here straight from Heaven to your arms!!!
Lots and lots of love from Christa and Will (everybody else has to wait until they get home from school to see the adorable pictures!)