We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Thursday, July 29, 2010

At least I tried!

Ok, starting my morning run with the kids, it felt like any other day. What happened?!? Bummer #1 One house from ours, I noticed elliott's back tire was flat. We go home and end up pumping up both of his and both of lucy's too. Bummer #2 Less than a block from our house, Lucy hits a bump, her water bottle flies off, elliott runs over it with his bike, and it breaks. No problem, we'll all share elliott's water.


Bummer #3 Lucy picks a flower, drops said flower, falls off get bike bending to pick up the flower.
Bummer #4 Elliott drops his bike to grab a drink and breaks his week old horn clean off.


Bummer #5. Lucy picks another flower and mean, thorny bush knocks it out of her hand and scrapes it.
Bummer #6 Elliott scrapes his stomach on broken horn bit still clinging to his handle bars.


Really?!? It was as if the fates REALLY didn't want me to get a good run in this morning! This all happened within 40 minutes. Needless to say we had to cut the run a bit short for bandages. You can't say I didn't try!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Oh my goodness! That is definately one for the record book of bummers. The pictures of the kids with appropriate expressions just capped it off. No one can say that you didn't try.
Love,
Mom

Johnson Family said...

oh man, I love this blog!! Real life in the making!!! Totally hillarious and I feel that we are "one" in our mothering now!!! Love it!!
Oh, and I love you too!!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

haha that is one of those times when you have to laugh! Elliott is soo stinken cute and camera readY! :)