We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Family Reunion: Day 8

Ah-hah! You thought we were finished, didn't you! Alas, there were NINE days to our trip. I had to take a break because we finally got to go on our first camping trip! (Blog to come!) So, here we are on day 8: Saturday. This day was lots of fun. We got to look for some geo caches, go to the Minneapolis Children's Museum, eat at Buca de Beppos, and swim and the hotel. Actually, we swam at our Rochester hotel too; it had a water slide inside, kiddie pool, the works, but since I was swimming too, we have no pictures to commemorate that event....Sorry.

Onto better things...Day 8!

The first thing we find at the Children's museum is a table for you to paint your own face.
Elliott had lots of fun. Finally, his mustache is visible for all to see.


It took Lucy a while to warm up to the face-painting idea...she always tries to be so proper.
But, once she got into it, she did a lovely job. What a doll.
I think I have the cutest kids in all the world...sorry world, mine win.

There was a great room that had a town set up for the kids to play dress-up and role play. There were doctors, fire-fighters, police officers, rock stars, city transportation drivers. Elliott's favorite was the postal worker. It had a post office, and then every other role-play area had their own mailboxes for him to deliver too. He played there for ever, and then cried to go back throughout the rest of the museum experience.



This is my favorite photo ever! This is his "mail carrier prance". Our mail carrier drives a car, but if she walked, I'm sure she would walk just like this.

There was a Korean market and restaurant in the room. Lucy was my willing model to show this off. There are kim-chee pots hanging on a shelf behind the sign; very authentic.


One of my favorite rooms was the recycling room. The kids and I got to make our own paper (sort-of) out of recycled paper.

The crank to squeeze the water out of the mold was very hard to turn...here we are all putting our muscles into it.

Construction zone was a big hit too. I love that every room (there were 4 levels to the museum) had the appropriate dress-up clothes for the experience, the kids loved it too.
Lucy is obviously the supervisor--check out her arms-folded stance! Elliott is her very willing hired hand.
Very official business going on in this picture.

There was a Wizard of Oz experience there that I thought was super-cool. I had to get the kids riding the wicked witch bike.


They got to be beavers building their dams.
Shake those tails!
Outside the museum was a candy store. Here is my Lucy with another Lucy. Funny how similar their looks and personalities are!

Back to the hotel. There was a pool under the lobby. Mikey took the kids swimming while I caught some zzzz's. Thanks Mikey! All the fun things to do on this trip, and they wanted to swim....constantly!

What fun times. Tomorrow we head home. See you there!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! your kids are TOoo cute!!! THe mail man!! WHAT?!?!??! He is soooo cute!!! I love this and PRAY i can go to this museum some day!!!!! WOW!!! soo much fuN!!!
ps. i love that out of all the things Elliott could have chosen to do, he chose mail man! :) CUTE!!

Johnson Family said...

I can't believe how creative that museum is!!! And I have NEVER taken my family on a nine day trip... you are awesome!!! Your kids were such great willing models and your blog could be a brochure for the museum. TOOOO cute!!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Oops! I jumped the gun but am very happy there are more pictures. I have NEVER heard of or seen such an amazing museum. The kids look to have had fun!