We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Family Reunion: Day 7, part 2

Sorry, I can't help myself; I just have to post all of these pictures. The day was just so fun, the kids were so happy, and so many memories were made that I just don't want to forget any. Feel free to not look at them all, but I want to remember them forever, so they are digitally saved on the mystical web for all time!

This is our second hotel room, in Minneapolis. We were very excited because we were on the 12th floor and the hotel had the fastest elevator ever!

I have finally figured out how to post captions with their accompanying pictures!! YAY!! Maybe my posts will make more sense now! Anyway, here are the kids playing at the lego store. Lucy made a great car complete with flowers and picket fence, but it died on the first run...her face was shattering! Like when a baby's balloon pops.

Lucy is the daredevil of the bunch, and her first request was these swings. That makes me happy, because they were always my favorite as a kid; I felt like I was flying. My first "ride" memory is some bumble-bee thing at a state fair. I remember riding with Heather, and I remember laughing incessantly. Just like Lucy.

Onto the Bumper Cars. They both loved them, but it was Elliott that went back again, and again.

This huge, sincere, open-mouthed smile was a permanent fixture on his face while he drove. He actually got really good at steering them. Who can steer bumper cars? If anyone can, it's Elliott. He gave me lesson in driving, backing up, shifting, pedal work and everything, that he had learned from observing from the back seat....he might be trouble someday!

Lucy, Elliott and Rowan bumper-caring together!

My kids (and husband, who does NOT like heights) were brave enough to try the log ride. I'm so glad I captured their faces before they splashed into the void. Lucy loved it; Elliott was finished.

Lunch at the Rainforest Cafe; thunderstorms, talking gorillas close by. Again, Elliott wasn't happy.

A little unintentional product placement!

We got to see Toy Story 3 while in Rochester. Here are the kids posing with Lego Woody.

A nice, mellow balloon ride that even Elliott could appreciate.

We visited the Aquarium in the mall. Lucy loved touching the fish and Elliott loved splashing in the water.
This was another favorite ride. It took them on a oval track, and zoomed them around the corners. They went again, and again.



Check out this series. I just love the progression of excitement on their faces!






The final ride they adored wasn't found until too late in the day. They ran loops to jump right back on this ride the second they were done. There was no line, so they were constantly going while Mom and Dad could rest their feet on a nearby bench and just watch them giggle.

There. Done. Whew.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

oh my goodness!! You guys had the greatest time ever!!! I am soooo super jealous!!! The pictures were simply AMAZING! they spoke volumes of the fun times you had!
love ya!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Bonnie, By George, you did it! You blogged your entire trip and what a trip it was. There were so many gleeful faces and what memories. Thank you. Thank you for letting us "virutally" come along.
FAMILY IS THE BEST!
Love,
Mom

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

WHAT A GRAND FUN PLACE. Maybe we ought to have our own family reunion there !?! It looks like so much fun and you had such a solid family time and ties with Hynes side of the family.
LOTS OF SMILES AND LAUGHS IN THE PICTURES.