We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fourth Fun

I'm catching up fast, no? Already to the Fourth of July! We had a neighborhood celebration in Harmony and Had Abogi's neighborhood on Saturday, the 3rd, and then fun at Jason and Kristine's on the 4th.
The neighborhood party was amazing! I am so excited to do this every year so my kids can have these great memories of the 4th of July from their childhoods. There was a snow cone machine, bike parade, train(ish) rides around the neighborhood, bbq, desserts, face painting and an amazing, half hour long fire work show. Very fun.
At Mike's brother, Jason's, house, the kids got mini-dirtbike rides, and had fun with snaps, sparklers, and firecrackers.

This first picture is of Elliott's new friend Bo. I say new friend, but he has lived 3 houses down the street and been in our ward since Elliott was born! We never got them together to play until last month. Here's the story:
Elliott wanted to got to the park to play in his Spiderman costume. I let him go and he comes running home to tell me that Black Spiderman is playing at the park too! It's Bo. That sealed the deal for Elliott. Since then, they have played in Ninja Turtle, Superman, Ironman, and Spiderman costumes. Bo even invites Lucy to play with them because they need a damsel in distress; a role Lucy was born to play! They have tons of fun, and get along great--both eager to use their imaginations. They love to play in the water or trade costumes. They change in the bathrooms and run home in their costumes. so Bo's mom and I are daily running shirts, shorts, underwear or belts over to each other's homes. Very fun times.

This is Elliott and Bo posing, ready for action.
This is the bbq. See Had Abogi bbqing Korean ribs and chicken in the background. He was hard at work for hours to feed a very appreciative crowd.
The kids waiting for the 4-wheeler, wagon train. This man sets this up and takes the kids to the neighborhood pool, or just around. Elliott, ever the safety patroler, decided to wear his helmet in case he got a wagon without wooden railing and he fell out. I can't complain, one less head injury to worry about! It was one of Elliott's favorite things.
So fun, in fact, that Harmony couldn't resist a ride too!
The kids, waiting for another go at the train, with the snow cones in hand and decorated bikes.
Watching the fireworks.
This is at Jason and Kristine's house. Jason took Lucy around on the bike with him on too, and then gave her a go. I love the image of her, in that dress, cruising on a motorcycle!
She was a natural. Then again, it is in her blood!
Elliott couldn't resist a silly face with the helmet. I think he looks like a bobble head doll.
Elliott's turn!
Throwing snaps action shot.
I had to put this in. Rowan doesn't do anything half way...he REALLY threw those snaps!
Elliott was pretty leery of the sparklers.
Thanks Jason for showing me how to get this fun shot!

That's our 4th! I hope to do all these amazing things again next year. I love traditions!

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

You are the tradition master!!! I love how you hold family traditions so close to your heart!!
And man, you guys had an awesome 4th of July!!! What a great neighborhood you live in and so many great family members around! Man, I miss the bagulgi and such! Your kids are soooooo adorable... Lucy with her long luscious locks and dresses and Elliot with his toehead hair that is sooo stinkin' cute!!
Awesome!
Love ya, Christa

Jeremy and Ruth said...

YUMM all you can eat snow cones!! COUNT ME IN!!! I love the last pic of Lucy!! VEry cool

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

I am 100% with Christa on the "tradition master" comment. Having you around is the best way to keep and create traditions. Lucky kids you have. The Lucy shot is amazing. I am glad you included it in your blog so I could add it to my journal. It was fun to spend time with you and yours last week end. We love you more than tongue can tell.
Mom