We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams . . .
yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever, it seems

Monday, July 19, 2010

Summertime is my favorite time!

Here is some more summer fun we have been having. On a really hot day last week, when Aunt Juliet was visiting, we all decided to take a dip in the canal that runs by the Wilson's house (we all doesn't include me of course, someone had to take the pictures!) All you Arizonians just gasped in horror when I said I let my children play in a canal...I know you did! This isn't your typical Arizona canal...deep, cement, rushing rapids. It is a gentle, albeit freezing, creek like body of water that flows blissfully through the city, rustling only the occasional duck drifting in its gentle current, or the lush greenery soaking on its banks. Ahhh, see, it sound nice right? It took me about 4 years to come around to letting my kids get in, but I did. The Wilsons have quite the set up there. They have neighbors with little steps leading down, a raft floating, Kimo's canoe, and a rope swing! Fun! The water was freezing, but the company was just fine!

This is the little tied down raft. Isn't she brave?!
Thanks Aunt Juliet for always being willing to help Elliott out. He is the timid one after all.
Kimo scored big points with the kids for this little adventure.
There she goes!!
I think that takes some pretty strong arms. It's a lot of work, but to kids, it's just fun.



Here is a random montage of summer.

Awesome Gymboree bubbles that stick around LONG after blowing...Lucy calls it a "bubble wonderland"!!!
YAY!! I love summer clothesline drying...the quickest dryer ever.
My garden up close and personal. Disregard the weedy grass growing amongst the onions, carrots, beets, tomatoes, and berries!
Heather and I combined our first round of beet harvest and did some pickling! It was way more than it looks like! We had some classic reds, some orange, and one lonely pink and white target beet....YUMMY! We kept snitching...we couldn't resist nature's dirt-flavored candy.
What a gal!

1 comment:

annebabe said...

look at you, you bloggin' fool! I'm so proud of you, documenting your summer. And yes, I read all about your Minnesota trip and didn't comment at all, shame on me. But glad you had fun, family reunions are the best.

ps- I always feel Laura Ingalls Wilder when I make jam, nice to know I'm not the only one. That and making homemade bread. I can almost hear Pa out in the field . . .